seven

Scarlett is three in this chapter.

"Daddy!" The three year old squealed, immediately latching onto her father's leg as soon as he stepped through the door.

It was as if little Lettie had drilled her father's time of arrival in her brain because at 9 pm sharp, she would run straight to the door and wait for the bell to ring. She didn't even know how to read the time on the clock.

She would wait patiently on the side for the maid to open the door and as soon as Aries would step in, she would immediately latch onto him and greet him with lots of hugs and kisses.

"Hi princess" Aries cooed to his little girl. He kissed her head and hugged her tight to his chest, inhaling her comforting baby smell, sighing in relief.

Lettie was very small for her age, to the point it worried the family. The doctor reassured them though, saying it was normal for some premie babies to be small, their immune systems were weaker too, meaning they would catch colds and fevers quicker than normal kids but it wasn't something to be very worried about.

That only made the family more protective over the girl though.

"Hi daddy! Lettie wuv daddy!" She said what she usually says to her father, making his heart melt.

"I love you too, my princess." He sighed in content. His family was complete and happy. What more could he ever need?

"And what about me, my love? I need some hugs, kisses and love from my Lettie too." Lucius gave her a sad frown.

Lettie's eyes went wide and she gasped.

"Oh no! I sowwy luci! I giv you lots and lots of kissies!" She made grabby hands at him. Aries grumbled.

Why can't he get his own kid? Was it really necessary to steal his? Granted she's his sister but that's not a valid reason.' Aries thought grumpily.

Placing sloppy kisses on her big brother's cheek, she spoke up. Your

"I wuv you lots too, luci! Don't be sad. S'otay" She patted his shoulder and gave him a bear hug.

"I love you too, baby. You're growing up too fast and I don't like it. It seems like yesterday you were trying to say my name and now you can say it clearly. Don't grow up." Lucius frowned as he held her tighter as if it would stop her growth.

Lettie didn't understand what her brother was talking about. She was just happy her brother was hugging her. Lettie loved hugs.

They finally moved away from the foyer and walked inside towards the living room where Athene and the other brothers were waiting for them.

Everyone knew better than interrupting Lettie's greeting time with her dad and her oldest two brothers. Well oldest one today since Domenico had stayed home.

"Mommy! Mommy! Wook daddy and luci's home!" She excitedly ran to her mom, trying to climb in her lap.

Athene smiled softly at her baby and picked her up in her arms, placing her on her lap. Lettie snuggled in her mother's chest, clutching her blazer in her tiny fists.

"I see, did you say hi to them?" She asked just as aries placed a kissed on both their heads.

"I did, mommy" She nodded and tried to keep her droopy eyes open.

Lucius let out a 'hi mom' and settled down in front of them, looking at his little sister intently. He didn't like it when she was out of his sight. He tried sneaking her out to the house while she was sleeping so he could take her to the company with him but his brother Atlas
snitched on him.