thirty-two

Lettie was rushed into the emergency room. She had to get her stomach pumped because whatever she was given was really strong which lead to an overdose. Even a minute wasted and she could be as good as dead.

That obviously scared the shit out of everyone, especially Lucius. He wanted to drop to the ground and sob for his sister.

What had she ever done to offend anyone? His baby was so kind, then why did she have to go through this? Hestia betrayed her as a friend, what did she do to deserve that? Why was she in the hospital, suffering for something she had no control over? All of this happened because she trusted the wrong person. He let her trust the wrong person.

He had a bad feeling about Hestia yet he never even told Lettie.

She would've understood. She would've listened to him like she always did. He knew his opinion mattered the most to her. But no. He had to be a brainless fool. He blamed himself for her condition.

"Lettie would never blame you, brother." Julian sighed.

Domenico was too busy going hulk and smashing every punching bag that came into his hands in the gym. The only one who could calm him down was in a hospital room, half dead.

"That's because she's too nice and kind like that." Lucius spoke rather harshly.

She's his anchor. He couldn't lose her at any cost.

Aries was making phone calls and informing the family.

Salvatore was the first one to come running. Toni couldn't be there since pets weren't allowed in the infirmary so he sat whimpering in his owner's closet, surrounding himself in her scent while Mara was cuddled with her feeding puppies.

"What the fuck happened to my granddaughter?" Salvatore seethed, looking at the distressed faces of his family members.

Athene sighed. "We don't know much either, but we will explain what we know once everyone gets here." She reassured.

Salvatore clenched his jaw and nodded just as Lucian, Vera and the triplets ran in.

"What happened!" The triplets shouted together, but were quickly silenced by julian who told them they had to wait for others to get here.

As if on cue, Hades, the twins and the grandparents ran in.

"Why the fuck did I receive a call about my granddaughter being in the hospital? What's going on?" Arturo spoke with rage lacing his tone.

"I would like to know too." Delilah spoke in an icy tone, in the voice of a true donna.

Athene took the lead and explained everything that had happened.

"... After checking on her, the doctor concluded she was drugged and her stomach needed to be pumped since whatever she was given was very strong and caused an overdose. Our guards gave collected samples of every edible thing in her room and they're being tested as we speak. Since the doctor didn't find any signs of forced injection of the drug, he suspected it was due to consumption. The results should be here soon." She explained, tearing up.

She couldn't believe this. She was a mother, seeing her child would hurt, that was certain but this was her youngest, they had her after so many hardships, and after almost losing her twice, she was bound to be more protective and attached. This was the third time and she could very well lose her kid.

Just as the thought passed her mind and she started getting panicked, the doctor walked out of the room Lettie was rushed into. Lucius was the first to rush to him.

"What's going on? Is my sister okay?" He fired these questions at the doctor, who was calm.

"Don, the princess is physically okay and out of danger, but I would like her to stay here for a day so I could make sure nothing goes wrong. Now you may have noticed I said she's physically okay. She has just gone through something very traumatic, and her mental health is bound to be shaken. I wouldn't suggest anything until she wakes up and I know what her reaction is." The doctor briefly explained.