thirty-three

Warning: this chapter will make you cry or not we don't know.

Lettie wanted to fall to the ground and wail as the memories started flashing in one by one.

She hated herself for being so weak. So pathetic. She couldn't even defend herself after all the training she did.

So she worked ten times harder. There were times when she almost fainted due to exhaustion because she pushed herself too hard. Nights were harder to get through. She stopped sleeping in any of her brother's or parents' room.

She had changed her bedroom. She had the whole first floor to herself now, with her brothers on the second floor and her parents on the third. She didn't use a single thing from her room. They were all a reminder of what she had gone through.

She constantly had nightmares and would wake up out of breath and in the middle of a panic attack, trying so hard to stay quiet while she sobbed silently. Toni, Mara and their puppies helped a lot.

The puppies were finally old enough to roam around by themselves and like their parents, they quickly became attached to Lettie. Toni even bonded with his own pups and surprisingly enough, he fell in love with them.

They would jump into her bed and help her with her panic attack. Toni would whine and whimper, getting affected by her distress the most, since he had been with her since he was a pup himself and was really attached.

She was suffering. She felt like a burden, so she never spoke up about her problems.

Lucius was breaking inside. He saw his baby suffer everyday, he saw her withdraw herself from everyone slowly, acting like she was completely okay when she wasn't. The worse part? He could do nothing to stop it. Absolutely nothing. Even worst, their nightly talks had completely stopped happening.

The only thing that still gave him hope were Lettie's forehead kisses. This hope was shattered too, when one day she came home from school, went straight up to her old room, not even looking at anyone in the house. She locked herself inside and searched through everything she had once taken to school.

Then, on her old backpack, she saw it. A small circular object, too small to notice. A camera. She screamed out loud, smashing it with her bare hands.

She didn't know what had gotten into her, why she was so angry all of a sudden, why she was exploding like this.

Her head hurt, her chest hurt, she couldn't breathe, she couldn't think.

The only thing on her mind was to destroy anything and everything in her path.

Meanwhile the guards got worried when they heard her scream. Even more when the scream came from her old room.

Toni and Mara were barking and scratching at the door, knowing their human was in distress.

They tried to get her out and one of them ordered a maid to go get someone.

Loud crashes, glass breaking and yells could be heard inside as Lettie destroyed her whole room in rage. She couldn't get the memories out. They were overwhelming her.

She betrayed her. Lettie trusted her. She broke the trust. She saw her as a sister. She destroyed Lettie. She made her a burden. She made her lose her personality in seconds. She made her want to die.

As if her torment wasn't enough, Mirabelle was now blackmailing her. She was done.

The maid went running into the living room where the whole family sat in silence after Lettie just ignored them and walked away. She had never done that.