First Day Part II (Anika's POV)

"Today you will be engaging in physical and standardized testing so I can see quirk potential." Aizawa said in a sleepy tone. "Quirk use is permitted for the physical portion of the testing, but anyone caught cheating or using their quirk to an advantage during the standardized portion will be immediately expelled."

I rolled my eyes. As if anyone that made it in the HERO course would have to cheat on a test. Or maybe I was giving these people too much credit. "The student who scores lowest in the physical section will also be expelled." Aizawa added.  Almost the entire class burst into shocked protest, but I noted that both Bakugou and a boy with half red- half white hair remained as unfazed. 

"We'll start with Mina Ashido." Aizawa continued monotonously, ignoring the protesting.

I started to think of a strategy to complete the tests. I had been training with my quirks, but they still wore me down quickly. I'd have to be sparing on quirk use, but still end up with a- "Anika Midoryia." Aizawa called out, startled me from my thoughts.

"Yes sir?" I responded.

"Throw the ball as far as you can. Quirk use is permitted." he held out a baseball.

"O-ok." I said, taking the ball and turning it in my hand, trying to think of ways to apply Voice to give me more strength. The more specific I was the better it worked.

"I don't have all day. Throw the ball." Aizawa said sarcastically.

"R-right. Sorry." I put the ball to my lips and wound up for the throw, whispering softly, "Put the power of All Might's Texas Smash behind this throw." I instantly felt strength well up and I flung the ball. The instant it left my hand the strength was gone. I looked to Aizawa for my number.

Aizawa kept a straight face, but seemed impressed. "1768 meters." he said.

"That's over a mile!" one girl with jet black hair exclaimed.

"WHAT?! That's... How dare you compete with me Rats!" Bakugou roared.

"Next is Izuku Midoryia." Aizawa said, ignoring Bakugou.

Izuku stumbled forward. "Tch, we aren't gonna see anything out of him," Bakugou said "He's quirkless."

Half the class looked at Bakugou. "His entrance exam, he took down the 0-Point robot. The big one. With a single punch." A guy with glasses and dark blue hair said.

"Impossible." Bakugou said dismissively.

Izuku wound up for the throw, but when he threw it went a regular distance.

Bakugou burst into hysterics. "Told you!"

"God you're dense Bakugou." I said. "Sensei, please give my brother his quirk back."

"Midoryia, I'm trying to prove a point to your brother. Now," he sighed. "You can't just break your bones. You'll waste your time and everyone else's in a situation if you're out after one punch. You'll just be a liability. You can't become a hero with your quirk."

I saw pain flash in Izuku's eyes, then they filled with determination. "But Sensei-"

"Shush. I'll give you one more shot. If you break your arm I'll expell you right here." 

Izuku gulped. "Yes Sensei." He wound up his arm and threw, his pointer finger glowing and snapping instantly.

Aizawa looked surprised and slightly disappointed. "This kid..." 

"See Sensei? I can become a hero! I won't be an inconvenience!" Izuku said with a smile.

•≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈•

It was the end of the test, and boy was I feeling it. Despite my plan, I'd used my quirks for almost every test, putting me in the top 3 for each. I was tired and had a splitting headache from quirk overuse and inexperience. I was cranky and wanted sleep. I looked over the test results. They were:

1st: Momo Yaoyorozu

2nd: Shoto Todoroki

3rd: Anika Midoryia

4th: Katsuki Bakugou

5th: Tenya Iida

6th: Fumikage Tokoyami

7th: Mezo Shoji

8th: Mashirao Ojirou

9th: EIjirou Kirishima

10th: Mina Ashido

...and so on. My heart sank when I saw Izuku was last. "I-"

"Izuku Midoryia." Aizawa said.

"Wait no! Expell me instead!" I protested. "Izu deserves to be here!" 

"Hush Midoryia, no one is getting expelled."

"Damn it." Bakugou muttered and I shot him a sharp glare. "Wait! RATS! HOW DARE YOU COMPETE WITH ME!"

"You should have known I'd beat you Boom Boom Boy." I said and rolled my eyes, snickering.

"WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING ABOUT?!" He demanded.

"You." I said flatly. His tempers were so... cute I guess was the right word.

For a moment there was pain on Bakugou's face, then it was gone. "Y-you dare?! You wanna die Rats?!"

As guilty as I suddenly felt for hurting him, he kinda deserved it. He'd given out worse. I shoved the sympathy aside. "No, not really. Thanks for asking. I didn't know you care about my mental health." 

"You little bastard I don't!" he exclaimed, but his tone seemed softer. What was with this boy?

"Trust me, I know." I said, venom in my tone.

"That's enough." Aizawa said. "I'm too tired for this."

(HELLLLLOOOOO my lovely readers! I'm SO sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been a bit busy with my personal life as well as adjusting to school! Once again, I'm totally open to your feedback and greatly appreciate it! I will continue to push for releasing more story parts. ~Sho :P)