Part 25 (Two Heroes Pt. 2)

We had made it to I Island.

The sun shone harshly on us as we unloaded our things from the plane and went through security. I was grateful to have chosen rolling luggage over my duffel bag. My hero costume's deep black seemed to draw the sun right to me, and I cursed myself for not choosing a more sustainable color. Still, I looked cool.

We made it through security, gaining our first look at the Expo. It was... stunning. Color and light seemed to blast from all directions. There were stands for support items, stands for hero autograph signings, signups for tours, and best of all. People were freely using their quirks.

There was no regulation on quirk use here. It seemed that people could use quirks whenever the need arose. It was paradise. I'd always wanted to use my quirks freely, without prosecution. 

I glanced over at Kat and leaned into him. He wrapped a hand around my waist, and I smiled. "Are we heading to the hotel first?" I asked.

"Yeah, Bakubro, where are we off to?" Kirishima chimed in.

"We're going to set our stuff down, then explore the Expo." Katsuki replied.

We made our way to the hotel, dumping our stuff off in the room. Then we set ourselves loose on the Expo.

I got to meet several heroes I'd heard of from Izu, such as Godzillo. He was a Japanese born hero but went to America to pursue American film and become an actor. Since then, he starred in the famous Godzillo movie series.

I also got to meet Elecplant and got his autograph. I figured I could give it to Kamanari when we got back to Japan.

Katsuki found a training course of sorts that was timed. Of course, he took it as a competition. He made Kirishima go first, who was just eager for the "manly opportunity." I watched his attempt, impressed at how much he and everyone else had grown in the past months.

Watching from the rail above, I gave Katsuki a smile of encouragement before his time started. Honestly, I wasn't even surprised at how fast he cleared the course. I had known that he was quick and strong. I cheered for him, noticing a crowd forming.

"FIRST PLACE! 15 SECONDS!" The announcer lady called out. "ANYONE ELSE?"

"DEKU! YOU HERE TO CHALLENGE ME?!" Katsuki exclaimed, blasting up to the rail. 

Izuku? I glanced around. The girls were here as well, along with some blonde girl I hadn't met. "Oh! Hi everyone!" I waved. "Kat, simmer."

"Anika? Kacchan?" Izuku asked, looking a little terrified.

"JUST GET YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPT OVER WITH!" Katsuki roared. "NO WAY YOU'LL BEAT ME ANYWAYS!"

"You're probably right." Izuku said weakly.

"I don't know..." Uraraka interjected.

"Uraraka, leave it." I muttered.

"I think we need to see Deku do it." Uraraka said.

"No, you're probably right, Kacchan."

"JUST GET IT OVER WITH, PATHETIC NERD!"

"Katsuki!" I said sharply. "You can try if you want, Izu."

"Right, I'll do that." Izuku said softly.

Izuku made his way down to the platform, and I settled down a bit, watching his attempt with a mix of awe and envy. It made me wish I had a power type like him and Katsuki. 

Izuku clocked in at 15 seconds. Not enough to beat Kat, but enough to threaten him, I guess. I had to practically hold him back, my face red hot with embarrassment. "Katsuki." He shouted another insult. "Stop. I'm serious." I warned.

He stopped for a moment, then started to yell again as Todoroki beat his time. I let Kiri know I was leaving and walked off with the girls. I wasn't gonna hang back and clean up after his temper tantrum. He was embarrassing himself and me.

I stayed with the girls until I cooled down. Izuku and that blonde girl he was with, Melissa, had run off. I'd tease him for that later.

Around an hour before dinner, I went back to the room. Kiri and Katsuki were dressed up, although Katsuki didn't look pleased about it. "What's all this?" I asked.

"Bakubro didn't tell you about the party tonight?" Kiri asked. "Can't say I'm surprised. He wasn't planning on going. I packed you a dress in case this happened." He pulled out a pale blue dress with dark grey roses on it. (See photo.)

"Thank you, Kiri

"Thank you, Kiri." I said, smiling and taking it, giving a side glance at Katsuki. He did not seem pleased.

I went and changed into the dress, smiling at myself in the mirror. It fit a little weird, but Kiri had tried, and I was grateful. "Are we going now?" I asked as I walked out of the bathroom.

Katsuki gave me a once over. "You look great." He said.

"Thanks." I muttered, then went back to ignoring him. He had been totally out of line earlier.

"Uh... Yeah, we're going now." Kiri replied, glancing between the two of us awkwardly.

I let Kiri lead the way to the party, sparing off handed glances at Katsuki every now and then.

We walked at silence for nearly 30 minutes. "Are you sure this is the right way, Kiri?" I asked.

"Yeah, we've been at this for half an hour. Did you get us lost Shitty Hair?" Katsuki said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. "Do you need help? I can call Izu for directions."

"Haha, um... that might be nice." Kiri admitted sheepishly.

I pulled out my phone, then frowned. "No service..."

Just then, alarms went off, and the view outside the window went red. Apparently, a bomb had been found on the island. They were containing it now.

"Let's go this way." Kiri said, pointing to a room with a door label of 'Greenhouse'. "Best to get to the rest of the party if we're under alert."

"I agree." I said and nodded, pushing the door open.

The room was sweltering. Greenery grew every which way, jutting up in seeming protest to nature itself. It was beautiful and slightly uncomfortable. The humidity made me feel sticky.

I glanced at the other two, seeing they had a similar reaction to the humidity of the room.

"Look." Katsuki said with a nod to the elevator as he stepped forward to stand next to me. "It's coming down."

"Oh good, must be the guests." I smiled a bit, relieved we weren't lost. Two men stepped out of the elevator.  "Hey! We see you, damn kids!"

"Who the hell are you talking to?" Katsuki replied snidely. "We're just looking for the damn party."

"Yeah, right." One man replied before activating his quirk.

I tensed into a fighting position. "Something tells me these aren't normal people..." I muttered. I activated Voice. "Stand down." I said firmly.

All I got in return was slight hesitation and confusion. Then I nearly got hit in the face with a giant hand. Suddenly, a wall of ice jutted from the left.

"That looks like... wait." Katsuki muttered as we all looked to the left.

"Todoroki?" Others appeared around him. Uraraka, Momo, Jirou, Iida, Mineta, Denki, Melissa, and... Izuku. Of course. "What is going on?"