Internships Part 2

A few days passed. Me and Todo were out on night patrol with Endeavor.  Izu hadn't text in days, and I was worried. My phone went off, it was Izu, but all it was was a location. I checked the street, it was close.

I turned to Todoroki. "Look, I'm sure you don't give a fuck but I think Izu is in trouble and I'm going to help him." I ran off.

Todoroki was right by my side. "Don't you dare tell me I don't care about Midroyia."

I smiled, glad to have the backup. We rounded the corner as Endeavor called after us.

When we swung into the alleyway for the address he had sent I automatically noticed 2 people on the ground and one, much too tall to be Izuku, standing still. I blasted fire at the figure, and Todo followed suit. "You used your fire Todo!"

The villain staggered back and I saw who was down. Izuku was, along with.... "Iida?" I asked.

"I suppose this is one of my less fine moments." Iida said.

"You're damn right, get up." I said.

"We can't sis!" Izu exclaimed. "It's his quirk! If he tastes your blood he paralyzes you!"

"Oh come onnnnnn." The villain drawled. "You, Todoroki spawn, your father is the worst hero I've ever laid eyes on, so you clearly aren't worthy of being one either. Probably got into UA on your daddy's money anyways." Oh shit. It was the Hero Killer, Stain. "You-" He turned to me, and his eyes seemed to grow wide with some sort of recognition. "Anika Sh- Midoryia. You definitely deserve to be a hero, all you and your brother have ever wanted was to help others. Now step aside and let me get rid of these pathetic fakes!"

"I can't let you hurt my friends and family!" I said and took a fighting stance.

"Of course not... it would be against your character to leave someone helpless. Wouldn't exactly be worthy of being a hero if you did, would you?" He mused. "After all, you know a thing or 2 about being abandoned."

The faintest flickers of a memory stirred in me. I shrugged them aside. "Enough chitchat, let's finish this." I said and he charged, swords drawn. I spun out of the way of one blade and while he was recovering from the swipe Todorki froze his left arm.

Stain whirled around to slice at Todoroki when suddenly Izuku cam out of nowhere, delivering a harsh kick to his back. Green lightning raced over his body.

"God damn it! Of course you're blood type O. The one person I wanted out of this fight." Stain got back up and slashed out.

"You are SO filling me in later Izu." I hissed.

"Sheesh! Okay!" He whispered back.

I rolled my eyes and returned my focus to Stain. "Well now you've got a problem, don't you?"

"I can still take the 3 of you." He replied and charged. He ate those words. We had him out cold in 45 seconds.

"Todoroki, go call Endeavor. Tell him where we are." I said. He looked like he wanted to protest, but nodded.

"You." I said to Izu, and he cringed. I dragged him away from where Iida and Todoroki were. "Spill. You avoided my messages. I was worried sick. And what's up with the lightning? Did you figure out how to control it? Can you use 100% now?"

"Wow wow wow. Calm down." He said and explained about Gran Torino, his revulation with the taiyaki, and how he'd ended up here.

"So... you downgraded in strength but upgraded in control?" I asked.

"Pretty much." Izu said.

Todoroki walked up to us. "He'll be here soon. Says he has problems downtown then he'll be here. He sounds ready to rip us a new one."