Part 33

Anika's POV:

(CW: Gore? I'm not sure what to call it. Skip first paragraph if squeamish)

It was dark when I came to. I went to raise a hand to touch my face and found my wrists bound to some sort of metal board. Pain shot up my arm, and a soft hiss came from my lips. My wounds had gotten a dull sting to them, and the flesh was inflamed and slick with some sort of clear and sticky liquid. That was the last of my worries right now though, I had to figure out where I was and how to get out of these stupid restraints.

As my eyes began to adjust to the lighting of the room, I noticed them. Along the far wall, there were 2 rows of tanks, shiny brains peeking over the top of them. Nomu. I had to get out of here, now.

I jerked my arms against the restraints again, biting back a yelp of pain in case it alerted any of the Nomu. It was times like this I really wished my quirk wasn't something so mental and more something able to smash through things. Something like Katsuki, or Kirishima.

There was a crash against the window on the far side of the building, and I saw a flash of red hair. 

"Kirishima?" I called out, surprised at his unexplained appearance. "Be careful, but I could use your quirk right about now-" The restraints shattered. I felt every muscle in my arms tense and freeze up, pain searing from my burnt arms. I must have used Voice by accident, because my already weak body seemed to go weak in protest.

I grabbed the metal board behind me for support, my eyes landing on my arm. It was... wiggling almost, shrinking down to its regular size. 

Kiri made it over to me, moving to support my weight. "Anika, hey. What just happened? Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Where's Bakugou?"

"Kirishima... I- I don't know. We need to get out of here, there are Nomu." I replied. They'd gotten Katsuki? 

"Right, let me help you out of here." Before I could even protest, he picked me up gently and got me to the window, starting to pass me to someone... was that Izu?

I was set on the ground by Izu, then noticed that there were others here. Iida and Todoroki were standing aside, and Momo was averting her gaze from me. "You guys... what are all of you doing here?"

I heard a sniffle behind me and turned to see my big baby of a little brother wiping his eyes. "I'm so glad you're safe." If my arms weren't so beat up, I would have given him a hug. Instead, I just smiled a bit. "Aw, you do love me."

"We should get going now that we have you, Midoriya." Iida said quickly. "Bakugou isn't here with you, which means there's nothing more we can do."

"Hey, we can't give up on him right now!" Kirishima started to argue. "We need to-"

We all fell silent a soft creak, and then there was a huge bang as the building collapsed. 

We flew back several feet, then quickly scrambled back up. When the dust cleared, we noticed a bunch of pros were gathered around where the building had stood.

"Looks like Mt Lady, Gang Orca, Tiger, and Best Jeanist." Kirishima relayed. "Along with plenty of police. They'll probably be looking for you, Anika."

"It sounded like there was a fight uptown as well, maybe that was All Might's team getting Kacchan." Izuku said, glancing off in the distance where a pillar of smoke was forming.

"I should go over to them, so they don't waste more efforts on rescue. You guys should get out of here before you get caught." I said, moving to start over to them.

"Wait." Todoroki said, sticking an arm in front of me. "Who is that?"

I hadn't seen him at first, but a man clad in a mask and black suit seemed to be casually walking over to the group of heroes. Something about his air made me anxious, but also at ease. Like I knew something awful was going to happen, but all of it was for a well planned reason.