Part 36

"...Katsuki...?"

Katsuki's shoulders tensed a bit, and his grip on Izuku's shirt lessened. "Anika. What are you doing here...?"

"Katsuki, what are you doing...?" I said, slowly approaching the two.

Katsuki didn't respond.

"Katsuki Bakugou. Put him down." I said, a sharp edge to my voice.

Bakugou's hand released Izuku's shirt, and my brother crumpled to the floor at his feet, lightly rubbing his neck.

I couldn't believe this shit. I quickly went up to Izuku, kneeling next to him. "Get away from him." I said, not sparing a glance in the blonde's direction.

"I was just-" Bakugou started.

"Get. Away. From. Him." I said slowly, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. How stupid was I, thinking he'd change just because I wanted it? He'd hurt Izuku. Had he been hurting Izuku, this entire time?

I heard footsteps go down the hall, and glanced over. He was gone. I helped Izuku up and got him into his room. We both sat down on his bed, quiet for several moments.

"Anika..." Izuku muttered. "I'm so sorry, I didn't- I should have- it's not Kacchan's fault-" I held up a hand, and he fell silent. "...how long has he been doing this to you?" I asked softly.

"I shouldn't have provoked him, I know well enough what sets him off so I-"

"How long, Izuku?" I asked again.

"...it never really stopped. He was just more subtle than before. I thought..." He shifted his gaze to the floor. "I thought you knew about it. And that's why you didn't say anything."

A pang of guilt ran through me. My twin brother, the most important person in the world to me, thought that I knew he was being abused by my boyfriend. That I'd gone along with it. "Do you... really think I've changed that much?"

"I guess... I just thought it meant that one of us was at least happy, whether you knew or not. Because he made you happy."

"Nothing means more to me than you Izuku." I said. "Not even him." I pulled him into a hug, and we sat there for several minutes  in the room silent. I could hear it though, that stupid tick of the All Might clock that I'd came here to hear.

I pulled away from the hug. "You should get some rest." I stood up.

"Wait, Anika?" Izuku asked.

"Hmm?" I turned to him.

"Why were you even down here? Your room is across the building."

"Oh..." I sighed, a bit embarrassed. "Couldn't sleep. My room feels so barren without your side."

"...I was kinda thinking the same thing." He mumbled. "Wanna crash on the All Might rug?"

I chuckled. "That's a new low. Sure, give me a blanket." He tossed me an extra blanket and an All Might plushie. "For a pillow?" I asked, laying down.

"Don't ruin his stuffing." He muttered before laying down. I settled into my makeshift bed and laid there for a moment. 

Izuku spoke first. "This isn't gonna be middle school again.... is it?"

"No. It's not Izuku. This is nothing like middle school. We'll figure it out tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay... Goodnight sis."

"Night Izu."

••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••