Internships

~Anika's POV~

A week passed. The next day I was packing for my internship when Izu came in. "So, where are you going again?" I asked him.

"Um... Gran Torino." He said.

"All Might's sensei?!" I exclaimed. "Why do you get all the good ones?!" I folded up the last of my hero costume and tucked it in my bag.

"Because I'm fabulous." He said with a dry chuckle. "Nah, All Might put him up to it. I'm sure."

"But you are fabulous." I added and ruffled his fluffy locks.

He chuckled, but turned serious. "Please be considerate to the fact Endeavor is a hero. Don't deck him."

"I'll try little bro." I said with a chuckle. "Keep the bone breaking to a minimum."

"Yes ma'am." He said. "And you're not even that much older!"

We finished packing and Mom drove us to the train station. She hugged us tight, and we said our goodbyes to eachother and our friends. Everyone but Bakugou gave me big hugs, and I smirked evilly. I snuck up to him and poked him in the side. "You know you wanna hug me." I said.

He rolled his eyes and threw a peice of crumpled paper at me harshly. I rolled my eyes and unfolded it, just cuz. Scrawled in tiny red ink was 10 numbers. I raised my eyebrows and chuckled, pulling out my phone and putting it in.

Once they left I waited with Todoroki. "So... this isn't going to be bad, right?"

"Oh it's going to be awful and I'm sorry for everything you're about to experience." Todoroki said.

"A nice vote of confidence." I muttered.

"I'm not gonna lie. He may be a bit nicer with you around, but I doubt it." Todoroki said as the car pulled up. We both got in and the driver drove us to Endeavor's hero agency.

I got out of the car and walked in. "Ah new recruits!" some lady squealed. "I'm Flare! Welcome to Endeavor Hero Agency! Oh! Mr. Shoto! Your father was expecting you! And you must be Ember!" She turned to me. "Yes, Endeavor requested you 2 patrol with him personally. Lucky you!"

"Yeah... lucky us...." Todoroki muttered sarcastically. I chuckled.

"Shoto!" Endeavor called when we walked into his office. He rose from his chair. "And you..." He looked at me. "I was hoping you'd come."

"Yeah... why did you want me here anyways?" I left out the fact I was only here for Todoroki.

"Because your quirks are intriguing and I believe that with enough training you could be a great hero." Endeavor replied.

Coming out of anyone else's mouth I would have at least said 'thank you' at least, but this was Endeavor, so I just nodded. "Okay." He was holding back his real reason, I could tell that much. Endeavor thought for a moment. "Go get in your hero costumes, meet me at the door."

I nodded and went to te changing room I'd seen on the way in, changing into my hero costume and meeting Endeavor back at the door. He just stared at me, as if compemplating a huge question. It was really weird, like he was trying to analyze me.

"Would you quit staring at my friend? It's creepy." Todoroki remarked when he came back. I noticed he'd changed his hero costume.

"Shoto, about time. Let's go." Endeavor said and we headed out.

A few hours later I was bored out of my mind. Endeavor kept asking me questions about my quirks and I answered them, only to dull the boredom.

"And your fire, can you manipulate it solely in your mind?"

"Yes. But it gives me a splitting fucking migraine. Kinda like you are." I snapped without thinking. Todoroki burst into a fit of laughter.

"Use of profanity, we'll work on that." Was all he said in return. Then we got dispatched to a villain attack.

When we showed up some villain with a strength quirk was making a break to leave after robbing a bank in the vicinity. Seeing as this one was simple, Endeavor sat back and let us handle it. I ended it quickly with Voice.

We turned the villain in to the police and went back to the agency, where we learned to file paperwork. It was boring. Finally, it being time for bed, I was brought to my dorm. I sat down on my bed and pulled out my phone. It was still open to my contacts, the Contact Name for Bakugou blinking. I finished it and text him.

Me: Hey Pomeranian.

💢💥Angry Boi💥💢: Tch, what do you want?

Me: Wow, bold talk for someone who gave me their number. Just wait til I tell Mina.

💢💥Angry Boi💥💢: Don't. You. Dare.

Me: Or what?

💢💥Angry Boi💥💢: I'll kill you.

Me: No you won't😌 Anyways, how was your first day?

💢💥Angry Boi💥💢: I got called a crybaby by a bunch of toddlers.

Me: Are they okay?

💢💥Angry Boi💥💢: It's not like I hurt them or anything-

Me: Did Best Jeanist stop you or what?

💢💥Angry Boi💥💢: What, you don't think I can handle myself around a bunch of 2-year-olds?

Me: You yell at Denki all the time, and he's basically a 2-year-old, so yeah.

💢💥Angry Boi💥💢: Hey! Dunce Face deserves it! But yeah, none of them would step up and fight me.😒

Me: Of course not, you on patrol still?

💢💥Angry Boi💥💢: We're just heading back, Best Jeanist says his threads are killing him. Why?

Me: Just curious.

💢💥💥💢: Whatever. I'm leaving. He's making me be his aaron boy.😡

Me: Oof. Alright. Bye. Night Katsuki.

💢💥Angry Boi💥💢: Whatever Rats, night.

Before I went to bed I tried to text Izu, but he didn't respond. Huh, that was weird.