Part 31

Katsuki's POV:

I hadn't wanted to be stuck with Icyhot in this pathetic attempt to cover up extra training, but once we'd run into razor teeth it wasn't terrible to have his aid. If only he would stop hounding me about staying out of range of the villain so I could get a hit in. That was starting to piss me off. 

"This is enough, time to hit this guy with a huge explosion!" I snapped.

"You can't!" Icyhot argued. He was still worried about the forest.

"If the trees burn just put some ice over them, idiot!" 

All he did was make another ice wall. I was about to turn to him to tell him to fuck off for the millionth time when we heard a huge crash, and the creak of several trees snapping. Then a couple of call-outs from that stupid deku. He was leading something straight to us.

"Bakugo, Todoroki! One of you, give us some light!" Some extra that was carrying Deku shouted out. I watched as whatever they were running from squashed the villain we had been fighting. Wait, that looked awfully familiar. That was bird brain from the Sports Festival.

"Hurry, some light!" The extra called again.

"That's Tokoyami." Icyhot said, setting down the unconscious guy we'd found. "He's attacking blindly, I'll use my fire."

"Wait." I said, getting an idea. I was almost surprised Icyhot hadn't seen it as well.

The villain lunged at the shadow in a weak ass effort to beat it. The shadow snapped the villain's blades in half and I grinned. "Now finish him." As if taking an order, the shadow slammed the villain into a tree, where they laid unconscious.

I dropped the arm and rushed in, both me and Icyhot subduing the bird's quirk in seconds. "Once again, I'm a terrible match for you bird boy." I let the explosion in my hand simmer to nothing before taking stock of the surroundings. Meanwhile, the others were discussing the battle like we were done fighting or something.

I turned to start into the forest to look for more villains, when that stupid nerd had to speak up. "Where are you going Kacchan? The villains are after you!"

"To find the villains and give them a piece of my mind. Besides, I've gotta go find my girlfriend. Damn, Deku, you really are slow." I replied, not bothering to even glance at him.

"Kacchan! You can't go, it's too dangerous." There was a hesitation at the mention of Anika, but that was all. "I'll find Anika after we get you to the Pros."

"Or I go find her now." I said. They weren't even listening, just rounding me into their stupid line. Fine, maybe Anika was back there already.

We started a trek through the forest, something that was seemed to be a reoccurring theme for this stupid camp. Right as we were coming up on some sort of fight beyond the bushes, I heard a faint footstep, felt a hand on my wrist, and that's all I remember.

Izuku's POV:

"But Deku, if you're protecting Bakugou, then where is he?" Asui asked.

What? "What do you mean? He's right-" Kacchan was missing. So was Tokoyami! Standing in a tree, a man in a performers mask leaned casually on his cane.

"Nice trick, aye?" He spoke, twirling a few marbles in his hand. "I took the lad you're talking about with my magic." He held a marble out as if on display. "A talent like his would be squandered were he cast as a hero. We'll give him a grander stage where he can shine."

We had been so careful, so well aware up until- That must be it! He must have grabbed Kacchan and Tokoyami while we were helping Uraraka and Asui! "Give him back!" I exclaimed.