Two Heroes Pt. 4

I quickly ran towards the noise, alarmed by Izuku's scream. There were 2 more gunshot noises, and more screaming. The others quickly followed behind me. By the time we arrived something had gone terribly wrong though. We found Melissa in the tech room, and Izuku was gone. There was blood... a lot of it.

"Melissa!" I ran up to her, hauling her up and out of the chair. There were tears in her eyes as she spoke to someone urgently on the phone. "Where is Izuku?"

"He followed them." Melissa quickly said. "Uncle Might, come quick, we're on top of the tower." She hung up the phone. "You have to go after them! They were heading upstairs to the helicopter!"

We took off immediately, encountering the elevator up and piling in. As we were waiting for it to take us to the roof, we heard loud bangs and the sound of scraping metal. It was an agonizing 30 seconds, couldn't they make this thing faster? It was I-Island for Pete's sake.

The doors slid open, and Izuku's voice immediately hit my ears. "SHUT UP!" He cried out, his voice breaking. "This is what heroes do, they help people who are in trouble!" 

The man he was yelling at leveled a gun at someone, who I quickly recognized as David Shield, as if taunting Izuku to attack. Katsuki almost jumped into the fight, but I put an arm across his chest. "No, we can't risk the professor getting hurt." He gave me a slight glare, but trusted my judgement.  

However, I quickly became a hypocrite when the man slammed Izuku into the ground with a slab metal, then crushed him between 2 slabs. "Izuku!" I screamed, moving towards his weakened body on the ground. This time, Katsuki was the one to stop me, grabbing my hand. Kirishima grabbed my other one, saying something about waiting for an opening.

I watched Izuku slowly pick himself up off the floor and rocket towards the helicopter that took off. Seconds later there were 2 more gunshots. Melissa came running out, and Izuku fell. All I could think about was how was I gonna look Mom in the eyes if he died?

This time, when I ran towards Izuku, no one bothered to hold me back. He had impacted the ground so hard that there was an indent. He looked... awful. "Izuku?" I asked, grabbing him and trying to figure out if I could heal any injury. He fought in my arms, trying to stand. "Let the professor go! Don't take him!"

 "Izuku!" I exclaimed. "Please, you're going to hurt yourself!"

 "DAMN IT!" He cried out, slowly stopping resistance, tears forming in his eyes.

"Don't you dare lose that smile Young Midoriya!" a voice that seemed to always appear when needed the most suddenly rang out. All Might was here.

He rocketed over us, over the building, over the helicopter even. Proudly, he announced his presence, washing away the stench of fear that had permeated into us students. The helicopter was destroyed in a flash, and All Might landed next to us, gently setting Professor Shield down.

Melissa ran over. "Papa!" she cried, crouched down on her knees next to him. Tears poured down her cheeks.

"We did it..." Izuku said, looking at me and smiling.

"You did it, Izu." I said, the hints of a smile on my face. 

Then All Might got hit with a truck. Well, not literally  hit with a truck, but it might as well have been one. The metal that slammed into him rocketed him across the rooftop. Metal tendrils wrapped around the Professor, pulling him into a metal cacoon the villian seemed to be weaving. He was may more powerful now... had he taken quirk enhancers?

"He's using the Professor's device!" Izuku exclaimed.

"What device?" I asked warily.

"It's a quirk enhancer! That thing on his face!" Izuku replied.