Part 29

Just like that, the horrors began. Aizawa had set us all to specific training sections.

Katsuki was dousing his hands in boiling water and then setting off explosions, apparently it would aid in his sweat production. Todoroki was switching between fire and ice continuously in an effort to get used to his quirk's effect on his body. 

Kiri and Ojirou were sparring. Mina and Jirou were trying to break through a huge hunk of rock. Sero was creating tape at an alarming and apparently agonizing rate, as he screamed violently the whole time. Denki was getting constantly electrocuted. Koda was working on his vocal projection. 

Momo and Sato were chowing down on sweets in order to constantly fuel their quirks. Aoyama was firing off beam after beam of laser. Tokoyami was holed away in a cave, trying to control Dark Shadow in the dark. 

Meanwhile, Uraraka and Iida were zipping around them all. Iida was working on endurance running, and Uraraka was working on her nausea. 

Tsu was scaling and declining from a cliff over and over, while Mineta ripped ball after ball of his hair off. Shoji and Toru were essentially playing hide and go seek. Toru was working on stealth and Shoji was working on his detection skills. 

And then there was Izuku. He had been taken in by Tiger, and was repeatedly getting knocked on his ass when he tried to attack him.

As for me, I was at the top of another rock formation, focusing on using both of my quirks in sequence. Pixie-Bob was continuously sending small forms of rock monsters at me, and it was my job to attack them with pyro-telekinesis and dodge using physical enhancements I made with Voice. It was a kick-ass workout, and I could feel my body starting to overheat several times. When I pointed this out to Pixie-Bob, all she said was, "Just use Voice to cool it down then, yeah?" I tried to explain that that was easy for her to say, but she was already gone.

After training wasn't any better. We were expected to cook a full meal for ourselves. My stomach ached with hunger, and Iida had made a comment about needing to know how to fulfill a refugee's needs after a villain attack, so I grudgingly started to help.

It took 2 hours. That was 2 hours too long. But finally, we sat down and ate our food that was disgusting but somehow delicious after all that we'd gone through today.

"If I got this at a restaurant I'd send it back, but this is amazing right now!" Kiri exclaimed, and I shared a laugh with him. Katsuki put a hand on mine under the table, and I glanced at him, offering a small smile.

"Wow, you're scarfing it down Momo!" Mina commented.

"Well, yes. My quirk changes my lipids into atoms, so the more I eat the more I can make." Momo said with a smile.

"Kinda like poop." Sero said off-handedly. He got smacked by Jirou, to which he chuckled and apologized to Momo for the comparison. 

About halfway through dinner, I noticed Izuku was gone. I nudged Katsuki. "Hey, did you see where Izuku went?" I asked softly.

"Nerd went up through there." He said with a slight sarcastic edge to his voice, pointing a chopstick towards a darkened path.

"Huh, okay." I said, frowning a bit and continuing to eat.

After dinner we cleaned up our cooking mess and went to bed, too tired to even muster up energy for a bath.

••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••

The next day dragged on the same way, and on the third day it was no different. But, at least Aizawa actually spoke to us.

"Don't lose focus. Each of you can move faster. And no matter what you're doing just remember where you started from. Don't forget who you were before UA. Always keep in mind why you're sweaty and why your limits keep getting tested. That's what it means to improve." With that he seemed to lose interest in us again.