All Might's Trial

What an insane first day. U.A. was so big. "Did you have a good first day?" Mom asked when we came in the house.

We took turns telling her about the day and the class, me also cooking dinner while Izuku jotted in his notebook about our classmate's quirks.

"And there's Momo Yaoyorozu who can take the lipids from her body and turn them into material objects!" Izuku gushed to Mom. "But the most incredible is Shoto Todoroki. He has 2 quirks like Anika! His right side is ice, and he can only materialize it on the right side of his body, and his left side is fire. It has the same restriction. He's extremely powerful! The son of the #2 hero Endeavor!"

Ugh, Endeavor. The egotistical fire-wielding #2 hero who's always been in All Might's shadow because he sucks. Ok, I may be a bit prejudiced. I never really got into heroes, and was always inspired to become something better and fix the hero society, but if I had to have a favorite it would be All Might.

"Well, being Endeavor's son explains his fire, but not his lack of using it. And why would a fire user have kids with a ice user? They're like... polar opposites..." Izuku started to mutter.

I walked him on the arm with the spactula. "No more muttering."

"Ow. Fine." Izuku said and rubber his arm. Mom laughed. "Dinner's done." I announced.

•≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈•

After dinner I did get that to washing the dishes and it was my turn to blab to Mom. I talked about the test, and the teacher, and the class, then I slipped up."Hey, even Bakugou seemed a tad nicer. He only tried to fight me twice today."

"WHAT?!" Mom exclaimed. " I thought you guys got along with Katsuki!"

"Uh-" I said. "Of course we do!" Izuku interupted. "Anika meant play fighting. You know, Kacchan and his ego."

"Oh." Mom said, setting her plate among the other dirty dishes.

"No I didn't." I said, tired of hiding Bakugou's behavior from Mom. "Bakugou hates me and Izu, and bullies us on a regular basis. He calls Izu quirkless and a Deku and tries to fight me when I defend him."

Mom was quiet, then went to the phone and dialed Auntie Mitsuki's number. "Wait no Mom! Auntie Mitsuki doesn't know, don't be angry at her!"

The phone rang once, twice. I heard Auntie Mitsuki up. " what Katsuki on the phone please." Mom said. There was a few quiet seconds, then, in the nicest voice I'd ever heard him use, Bakugou said,  "Hi Aunt Inko."

Mom found. "Katsuki, listen. If I ever find out you yelled at or tried to fight my children again you'll get a fight, and you won't like the end result. Now give me back to your mother." Bakugou sounded genuinely sorry when he said, "Yes Aunt Inko, I understand and I'm sorry."

I began to laughed so hard my stomach hurt, and Izuku joined me. Soon we were both laughing messes.

•≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈••≈≈≈≈≈≈•

Oh boy, I thought I was prepared for Bakugou's tantrum at me snitching, but I was so wrong. The second he saw me his face turns red qnd he began to scream, at least until I dialed Mom's number.

Play started with hero training with All Might. Everyone was gushing over the hero while I was just huddled to the side with Izu, whispering back and forth. All Might called the class to order.

"Everyone! I am here... to teach you all how to be the best gyros you can be!" All Might called. What a dork. I thought. " everyone needs to get into their hero costumes." All Might added.

I smiled. Finally, something fun. In the girls is changing room I pulled on the elastic black jumpsuit that went down to my mid-thigh with about four finger wide straps. It was fireproof. After lacing up the ankle-high jet black boots with little designs a flame of the side they looked in the mirror, tying my thick dark green hair in buns as an afterthought.

A girl came up to me, the girl with black hair. "You look amazing!" she gushed. "I'm Momo Yaoyorozu!" I smiled and shook her hand. "You look great too. Your costume really compliments your figure. I'm Anika Midoryia."

The other girls introduce themselves as well. Mina Ashido, who honestly I got along with best. Toru Hagakure who seem sweet. Tsuyu Asui, who insisted I call her Tsu. Kyoka Jiro, who seemed shy. And lastly my unspoken enemy, Ochaco Uraraka. I still haven't forgiven her for her incompetence during the entrance exam.

I walked out with Mina, who introduced me to Eijiro kirishima and Hanta Sero, and I got to see Denki Kaminari again. I invited Izu over, but he was talking to Uraraka, much to my displeasure.

All Might explained the practice drills for the day and drew lots for the teams. I started out with a boy named Tokoyami on my team, we easily beat the other team. After another three rounds there were only eight of us left. Me, Izu, Uraraka, the boy with dark blue hair, Todoroki, Bakugou, Mina, and Kirishima. First, Mina and Kiri went against bakugou and Uraraka and the latter easily won. Then me and Izuku went up against the boy with  dark blue hair and Todoroki. Todoroki got bored and the boy with blue hair, who I learned was named Iida, couldn't support the team by himself, so Todoroki and Iida got eliminated.

It was the last round, for all the marbles, and All Might reached into the hat and drew names for the final time. He drew Izu's... And then... Uraraka's. Fuck, not only was Izu with that dumb brat, but I got stuck with the bloody Pomeranian. I sighed, going up to Bakugou. "I want the dumb girl." Was all I said and he nodded, pleased to be able to fight my brother.

We established enough to come to the conclusion I would guard while he patrolled, since I knew Izu well enough to know his strategies. So I waited, and I waited, and I waited. I heard explosions not too far off, and then the floor broke open. Uraraka came out and all I could think was, Finally, some fun. Activating Voice, I spoke a simple command. "Freeze." and she was frozen mid air. I almost passed out from the energy and zapped. Izu must be out by now. I thought, since he didn't appear. I concidered her detained enough and jumped down, almost falling, to see Bakugou had knocked out Izuku. I had to ignore the urge to punch him in the face, but held at my hand for a high-five.

He  side-glanced me and then looked away, holding up his hand to receive it. What was this? Progress? I quickly high-fived him before he could change his mind. "You're strong." he said "I'll have to work harder to show that I'm above you." And so, I knew that I had somehow or in the privilege of being considered Bakugou's equal. Why did I feel happy about something so silly?

I scooped up Izu and took him back to the class, adding the word "release" as an afterthought and watching Urarka fall out of the sky with a thump. I snickered. I brought Izu to Recovery Girl, it was kind of funny to see how annoyed she was. "It's only been two days!" She cried, "And this is already the third time I seen this boy!" I yawned and laughed.

All Might gave us signed Limited Edition diamond encrusted cards for a prize, and I just shrugged and handed mine off to Izuku. He started to cry and hug me, because he's an emotional bean and I knew he'd been looking for the card, without the signature, for 4 months now.

Somewhere during the test Kirishima and the others had gotten chummy with Bakugou, and we all made plans to hang out in a few weeks. Bakugou swore up and down he wouldn't show, but I had a feeling he would. I was... Hoping he would? That's strange.

(Wow, what a shocker I actually managed to update twice in one day! I'm proud of myself. Hope you're enjoying the story! ^^ ~Sho💖😄)