Part 20

After a solid hour of homework and doing my chores, I checked the time. I still had an hour until the dinner, so I better get ready now. I walked into the room and burst into laughter. Izuku was wearing what Americans would refer to as his ‘church clothes’. “What’s the occasion?”

“We’re having dinner at the Number 2 hero’s home, I want to look presentable.” he replied.

“I would never dress up for that scumbag.” I said and grabbed out a green blouse and black leggings. (Like this)

Izu just shook his head and left the room

Izu just shook his head and left the room. I got changed and met him at the door. We met everyone else there. “Hi guys!” Izu said.

“Hello Midoriya, Anika.” Iida said.

“Hi! I wonder why Endeavor invited us here, kero.” Tsu said.

“I don’t know, but I heard they have really nice stuff!” Uraraka chimed in.

“Now I ain’t saying she’s a gold digger~” I sang under my breath.

“Shouldn’t we be going?” Iida said and walked to the door, knocking.

Todo answered. “Oh god, you guys actually came.” 

“A nice warm welcome!” Iida said in a strained tone.

“If you leave now I can tell him you cancelled.” Todo offered.

“If that’s an option-” I started before Izu elbowed me in the stomach. “That won’t be needed Todoroki-kun.” he said with a smile.

“Ow!” I hissed as Todo let us in. Endeavor was in the kitchen and looked over at us intently. We slowly sat down at the table.

“Todoroki, is that your father in the kitchen?” Iida asked.

“...Do I have to say yes?” Todo asked.

“Why is he staring at us?” Tsu asked.

“Because he’s an asshole.” Todo said.

“It looks like he’s staring at you Anika-” Uraraka said.

“No he’s not.” I said, even though he clearly was.

“Let’s all just… calm down.” Iida said. Endeavor came out with the food shortly after. 

“Thank you Mr. Endeavor.” Everyone chimed, because I may hate the guy, but that doesn’t mean I can be disrespectful. 

“Yes, now… Anika.” Endeavor said.

“Ember please, sir.” I said. “You are my former employer.”

Endeavor seemed a bit taken aback, but nodded. “Ember then.”

“Yes sir?” I asked.

“I have a few questions for you.”