Part 23

I woke up the next morning still exhausted, I hadn't slept well at all. All night, I kept having these awful dreams that Izuku had died and Shigaraki was laughing madly. I had to get up every several hours to check that he was still alright.

Which was why I was so dismayed when my alarm clock went off. I had just drifted off for the 5th time that night, only to be assaulted by the dull roar of an old All Might alarm tone. I groaned into my pillow and slapped the alarm, sitting up and stalking out og the room to get breakfast.

Mom was already up, and she turned to me with a smile. "Anika! I'm glad you're up, I was starting to think I made all this food for nothing."

I sat at the table, helping myself to one of the 3 rolled omelets she'd prepared, and rubbing my eyes.

"Are you doing anything today, dear?" Mom inquired.

"Yeah, I'm heading to the school pool with the girls today. We reserved it for some well earned relaxation." I took several bites of my omelet. 

"That sounds wonderful, I hope you have a good time. Take the time and enjoy your summer vacation before you and Izuku head off to that training camp." She smiled at me warmly.

I nodded in agreement, finishing off my omelet. "I will have a good time, and I'll try to relax while I'm out." My eyes darted to the clock, it was nearly 9 am. "I should get changed."

I stood and went to me and Izuku's room, knocking once on the door in case he was changing, then stepping in.

He was not changing. He was watching that stupid All Might video again. I stood in the doorway for several seconds before speaking up. "Izuku, why are you watching that?" He didn't respond.

I walked up to him, shaking his arm. "Izuku." I snapped the laptop shut.

"Anika!" Izuku whined. "It was just getting to the good part!"

"You have to be at least half the views on that video by now. That's enough. This is an intervention."

"Anika, let me watch the video." Izuku protested, opening the laptop back up and hitting play.

I sighed in defeat and grabbed my school issued swimsuit off my dresser. "I'm heading out, see you at dinner." I went to the door.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." Izuku replied.

I shook my head and shut the door, grabbing my bag and stuffing the swimsuit in before starting the subway ride to UA.

~~---<~Time skip~>---~~

I walked into the pool area after changing into my swimsuit. "Hey girls, it's awesome to see you guys!"

"Anika! You made it." Mina quickly hopped out of the pool and embraced me. "Haven't seen you in a few days."

"Yeah, I've been getting ready to go to camp in a few weeks." I hugged her back before stepping away. "What about you guys? Have you gotten your things together?" I slid into the pool, the cool water feeling amazing in contrast to the heat of the day.

"I recently got everything I needed." Jirou chipped in. "Me and Hagakure went together."

"My parents ordered everything for me." Momo offered.

"And we went shopping with you yesterday." Tsu said, gesturing to Uraraka.

"I am just using what I already have." Mina shrugged.

"Good, I'm glad we're all ready then. But, enough about school, it's summer. We should enjoy these moments before we have to go work our asses off at some camp, right?" I grabbed a ball that was floating in the pool. "Tsu, to you!" I set the ball towards her.