Training Gone Wrong (TW: Blood and Gore)

(Hello! I am indeed back, sorry about inconsistency once again. This chapter does contain blood and gore, I will put another trigger warning before the paragraph containing this. Please skip if you get squeamish at those things. Please let me know if this is needed for any and all chapters with violence in them. I think that's all, well. Without further ado, let's get to it!)

The next few weeks passed in a snap. I tapped my thigh with my fingernails, impatiently excited to the see the USJ Training Center. I leaned over to ask Mina a question about her quirk, since Izu was never-endingly pestering me about her, when I locked eyes with Denki. I smiled, waving, and he turned to talk to Sero. "What's up with him?" I asked Mina.

"Oh honey, you clueless child." Mina said. The following held several seconds of heavily confused silence. Mina sighed, "He'll explain when he's ready."

"Hey Mina! What kind of hero do you want to be?" Kiri called.

"I want to be a rescue hero." Mina replied with a smile. (Cue the Rescue Heroes music)

"Well, we all know Bakugou wants the action." Denki chipped in. "But he's rude so he probably won't be very popular."

"I- Denki surely doesn't fear death. That was very brave to say out loud." I said, and he flushed.

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!" Bakugou argued.

"It kinda is though Bakugou." I said.

"Tch, whatever." Bakugou huffed.

We pulled up to the Training Center and I practically bounced out of my seat, had I had Uraraka's I'd probably be on the ceiling. After we filed in the teacher, Thirteen, started her lecture on the rules. Suddenly, a purple glow formed down on the center platform, and some weirdo with a hand on his face stepped out. Several villains filed out after him. Aizawa told us to get out and let him and Thirteen handle this, but I thought I could at least handle the purple guy. Apparently, I was not the only one. Kirishima and Bakugou both jumped in just as I did. Almost instantly, I felt as though reality shifted and when the purple fog cleared, I was somewhere entirely different. There was a lot of fire here. I noticed Kiri and Bakugou were here my instant thought was for my brother. He still couldn't control his quirk. "No, no no no Izuku." I whispered. 

"Your dumb brother can take care of himself, we have an actual situation." Bakugou snapped, nodding to the villains that were closing in. The villains didn't scare me, but the fact that Bakugou had just halfway complimented Izu did. 

I got into a fighting stance and judged that if I tried that move I'd used on Uraraka I'd just overextend myself and be useless. I'd just end up a liability. I told Kiri and Bakugou of this and Bakugou just replied. "Well no shit, if you thought you could you would have done it already." He blew up an approaching villain.

Suddenly it clicked. "They obviously don't know our quirks. I mean, who in their right mind, knowing my quirk, would send me somewhere with a shit ton of fire?"

"Oh, that's just plain unfair." Kiri said with a laugh.

"You 2 take the left, I've got the right." I said.

"You really think I'll just let you take on half by yourself?" Bakugou snapped, almost protectively, then quickly added. "What, do you think I need Shitty Hair to help?!" 

"No of course not I just don't want to burn the poor redhead!" I exclaimed and shot a column of fire at the villains to the left. I saw a squad of villains heading straight for the pair. "Duck!" I shouted. Kiri listened. Bakugou, of course, did not. "I said duck dumbass!" I exclaimed and shoved him down, drawing the fire around us to me and exploding it out in every which way, something I had- sadly- seen Endeavor do.

Panting now, I tried to focus my blurry vision that seemed to have stars dancing in and out of it. My knees wobbled and I blinked, telling myself I had to stay awake lest the villains get back up. Holy shit that took a lot out of me. I thought.

Bakugou and Kiri got up. "Why would you push me Rats?! You wanna-" he saw how pale I was. "Oh hell no, don't play like that. Stay the fuck awake you idiot." I almost missed the underlying concern in his tone. 

"Don't tell me what to do Blasty Boy." I snapped back weakly.

"Hey, you don't look so hot Anika." Kiri said. "You want me to carry you?" 

"Absolutely not." I said, shaking my head to clear my fogged brain. I will not pass out. I told myself and took a shaky step, almost collapsing. "Let's find the others."

"That's manly and all, but you look like you're about to pass out, and I'd rather you didn't crack your head." Kiri said, and caught me as I stumbled.

"I refuse to let you humiliate me by carrying me." I hissed, "I'll never recover my pride from that shit."

Kiri held up his hands. "Just offering."

"Ok, that's it." Bakugou snapped and scooped me up bridal style. "You're slowing us down."

"Put me down!" I shrieked and pounded weakly on his chest. "Put me..." I had just enough time to think of how comfortable he actually felt, then the world went black.

When I came to my head was throbbing and I made myself activate Voice to boost my strength. I was so gonna pay for that later, but I needed it now. "Put me down, Pomeranian." I hissed. "I can walk now." I rolled out of his arms and jumped up. 

"You're an annoying brat." he said. "At least my hands are free."

I walked ahead, scouting, and swearingI was going to sleep for a week when this was over. I saw All Might fighting some giant black thing and Sensei was on the ground. The hand guy was standing over him. I saw Izu, Tsu, and... Mineta behind Sensei. "We have to help Sensei." I said. "Bakugou, you wanna blow something up?" 

"You know I do Rats." Bakugou replied. "I'll take Handjob, you guys get Sensei out of here."

"Gotcha!" I said and moved the opposite direction of Bakugou, waiting for him to spring with his infamous battle cry of "DIE!" I grabbed Sensei after. He looked even worse up close. "Get him to the hospital." I said. "I'll help Bakugou." Kiri nodded and picked him up.

I couldn't use my quirks, that was practically asking for it, but I could jump. Grabbing onto the man from behind I dragged him down. As his hand seized my calf I screamed, waiting for the pain. Expecting the dissolving I knew he was capable of. But... nothing happened. His fingernails dug into me and drew blood, but now that I realized he couldn't dissolve me I tried for another attack. he turned back to me, confused as to how I was still there, just in time to get socked in the face. 

(Hey me again! Here to remind you this is where the TW is)

He spit out blood and his hand fell off his face. He looked almost familiar, though I thought I would distinctly remember someone that crusty. Anger crossed his features and he grabbed me with both hands, throwing me off him. I felt a wave of nausea roll over me before the snap of several bones. It felt like my entire leg was on fire, and my breath choked out. "Fuck!" I half-sobbed, half-screamed. My vision swam, but I was pretty sure I saw Bakugou jump on hand guy. I didn't want to, but I looked at my leg.

Blood was pouring out and I could see the sharp piece of bone jutting out. The entire thing was bent at such an extreme angle even the most vicious of gymnasts couldn't have matched it. I saw hand guy back away, muttering something that- through the ringing in my ears sounded like, "That couldn't have been Anika." before entering the portal. Had I not been in so much pain I might have found that confusing. 

(End of TW)

Izuku was across the platform with All Might. Bakugou ran over to me. "You dumbass I had him! You-" he saw my leg and actually showed concern. "Oh my- let's get you to Recovery Girl. Recovery Girl can fit it, I'm sure." I wasn't sure if he was reassuring himself or me.

I just nodded. There was no reason to be stubborn, I couldn't walk by myself if I wanted to. He scooped me up again and I tried to stay awake, but soon I had slumped against Bakugou's chest.