Return (Anika's POV)

(This chapter may be a little short, fair warning.)

When I woke up it was dawn. I went to sit up but my limbs felt like lead. Panic rose in my chest. "I can't move. Why can't I move?!" I exclaimed.

Recovery Girl came in, followed by Mom and Izuku. "Your body had to be put  into a paralyzed state so your we could set the bones you broke, it should wear off within the hour. We healed your leg in stages, and it's going to take a while for you to gain strength back." Recovery Girl said.

Mom went up to me and engulfed me in a hug. "Oh sweetheart, I was so worried! Please don't scare me like that ever again!"

Izuku hung back. "Anika..." he said. "I'm so sorry... if I hadn't been so focused on helping All Might..."

I swallowed back a sob. "No... No Izu it's my fault. I shouldn't have pushed my limit so far." I wiped my tears on Mom's shirt. Izuku joined the hug. "I'm so sorry..." he whispered.

Mom had to go to work, her job wouldn't let her the time off, and Izuku stayed with me. "I took the most detailed notes for you in class."

"H-how long have I been out?" I asked.

"3 days." He glanced at the door. Momo and the Bakusquad were walking in. "You should get reading. I'll be back later." He smiled and left.

"Anika we were so worried! Kiri told us about how exhausted you were and Bakugou told us about your leg!" Mina exclaimed.

"Don't worry, I'm getting better." I said.

We talked for a while, then I must have started to look sleepy, because Kiri said, "Right, we'll let you sleep." He started ushering everyone out.

"Actually- I have something to tell Anika-" Denki said.

"Oh~?" Mina asked. "We'll leave you 2 alone~" Mina drawled. Bakugou appeared agitated at this, and stormed out before the others.

"Um, so, Anika.." Denki said, his face flushed.

Oh. OH. "Denki listen-" I said. "You're really nice-"

"Thank you, now look. I have to tell you something." Denki said. "I like you, a lot. I was so worried when I found out you were hurt. I stayed as long as possible before Recovery Girl kicked me out. I just wanted to tell you." He said softly.

I could try for 1000 years and not deserve this boy, I knew that much. It was just plain rude to keep leading him on. Besides, I saw how Jirou looked at him. "Listen Denks, I... I just don't see you that way... I'm sorry... I hope this doesn't hurt our friendship." 

Denki smiled. "I knew you would say that, and it's fine. Just means I can openly flirt with you now. I'll woo you one day." he did finger guns and smiled sillily, then left the room. Yep, definitely couldn't deserve that boy.

I was finally feeling better after a couple days and decided it was a good a time as any to test how I felt. I sat up and stretched, standing up far too quickly, my head spun. I got dressed quickly in a uniform.

I checked the clock. I could make it. I snuck out the infirmary and made it to class with 2 minutes to spare. Opening the door, I thought I was prepared, but within seconds of saying hello I was drowning in fellow students.

"Give her some space!" Iida said. "She's been in the infirmary for days!" He was doing that weird chopping thing with his hands again. Oh god, I was gonna have to break him of that. 

"Iida is right." Sensei said. He was covered in bandages. The class got off me.

Bakugou was still rooted in his seat still, as well as Todoroki and a few others I hadn't bothered to learn the names of. "Oh hurrah, she is alive." Bakugou droned sarcastically, but I didn't miss his smile.

"Oh hurrah," I mocked. "the Pomeranian didn't lose his attitude." I snickered.

"Watch it Rats." Bakugou hissed. "Don't think I'll go easy on you cuz you're handicapped." 

"I'm not? And even if it was, I wouldn't dream of it Blasty." I said with a smile. God, I'd kinda missed his attitude. Hell, I'd missed HIM. This class was like a second family.

"Ah yes, I see you got a shiny new leg extra." Bakugou replied.

"I see you didn't get any shiny new insulting nicknames." I pointed out.

"Touché." he said.

"Did she just-?" Kiri started.

"Shut the fuck up Shitty Hair." Bakugou said.