Part 24 (Two Heroes Pt. 1)

After a long day at school training, I was ready to go relax. I was walking home from school with Izu, when suddenly All Might came charging towards us in front of the apartment complex.

"YOUNG MIDORYIA." All Might declared, before bursting out of his muscle form and coughing viciously.

"A-All Might!" Izuku exclaimed, shock on his face. "Are you okay?!"

"Just fine Young Midoryia." All Might righted himself. "Ah, Other Midoryia, you're here as well!"

"Other...?" I muttered. "Okay."

"Young Midoryia, do you know anything about I Island?" All Might asked.

"Huh? I Island? OH!" Izuku's eyes got wide. "Yeah, I know all about it. It's where some of the best minds in science gather together to study quirks and invent support items! It's a floating island that moves around so the research doesn't get stolen! IT's got a security system on par with Tartarus prison! Not to mention, it's home to-"

"Do you want to go there with me?" All Might interjected.

"some of the best-" Izuku looked at All Might. "Huh? Go with you?"

"Yes, go with me." All Might said. "I've been invited to the Expo by an old friend, and I have a plus one. I wanted to invite you."

"Oh wow! I never thought I'd ever get invited by THE All Might to go to THE I Island! Of course-"

I cleared my throat, earning a glance from Izuku. "Oh." He said. "Do you have a ticket for Anika?"

"Unfortunately, it is a plus one, not a plus two." All Might said.

"I see..." Izuku said, glancing at me again.

"It's alright Izu." I said. "You should go with All Might, it's basically training. I'll stay here with Mom, and hang out with the girls and Katsuki."

Izuku beamed. "Really?! Thank you Anika!" He turned to All Might. "I'll go with you, All Might!"

"Right, go get your bags packed then, and don't forget to pack a suit." All Might replied.

"What?! We're leaving NOW?" Izuku dashed inside, and I spared a half hearted glance at All Might before following him in.

When I got to me and Izu's room, clothes were already being thrown about. "Formal wear... Formal wear." Izu was muttering. "OH! I should grab my hero costume! I'm sure Mr. Aizawa would allow it! Hmm... Formal we- Ah!" He turned and nearly ran into me. "Anika!"

"Need a hand?" I asked with a chuckle, taking clothes out of his bag and folding them before placing them back in.

Izuku was ready to go within the hour. Him and All Might were going to pick up his hero costume on the way to the airport.

"Alright, well... have fun." I said. "Take some pictures of the expo for me, alright? I'm always looking for things to add to my hero gear."

Izuku smiled and embraced me. "I will, I promise. You have fun with Kacchan and the class, okay?"

"I'll try not to be too jealous." I joked. "Have fun, I love you."

"Love you too, sis." He left. I watched them drive away before going back to the room and laying down on my futon. I checked my phone, surprised to see a message from Katsuki.

💢💥My Angry Boi💥💢: Hey, just saw the nerd pull out of the driveway in one of the schools cars. What was all that about?

I text back quickly.

Me: He's going to I Island.

A few minutes later there was a knock at the front door. I got up to get it, since Mom had left for work. It was Katsuki.

"He was invited to I Island? Of all the extras they could have-"

I put a finger up to his lips. "Shh, don't ruin your presence by talking shit about Izuku." I stepped aside so he could come in.

He stepped through the doorway and took off his shoes. I shut the door behind him. "I'm glad you're here, I was starting to get bored. Wanna go for a run?"

"Actually, I was wanting to talk to Inko about something. Is she home?" He glanced at me.

"Um, no. She has work today." So he hadn't come to see me. That was... unfortunate to say the least. "Do you want to go do something instead?"

"Yeah, sure, it's just I got 3 tickets to I Island was gonna invite you if she gave the go ahead." Katsuki said with a shrug.

"You got tickets to I Island?!" I exclaimed. "How the hell does everyone else have tickets to I Island but me?"

"Oi! I was gonna invite you, no need to be so uptight about not getting a personal invite. I only got invited because I won the Sports Festival, dumbass." His voice was aggressive, but the look on his face suggested he knew where I was coming from. "I was planning on just taking you, but I decided to give the other ticket to Shitty Hair."

"Well that was sweet of you." I smiled a bit. "Aren't you generous."

"Cut the crap, I'll go take the ticket back right now!" He crossed his arms.

"I'm only joking, Kat." I leaned my head on his arm. "Don't be so uptight about it." I mimicked his earlier words.

Katsuki chuckled a bit and glanced at me, wrapping an arm around me. "So, what do you say, firecracker? You coming to I Island with me?"

"Of course I'll come with you, Kat. But at least ask my poor mother first." I kissed his cheek, then went off into my room.

As soon as I got in the room I lost it. I couldn't believe I was going to THE I Island where they invited some of THE coolest support items in THE whole universe.

I packed a bag to the brim, then went back out to Katsuki. He had sat down at the table, and was scrolling through his phone.

"Whatcha looking at?" I hummed.

"Just some footage. I've been recording my training to see where I hesitate." He showed me the video.

"Huh, maybe I should do that too." I glanced at my hands. "Hey, you know I've always wondered how your quirk works, think you could tell me? Izuku may know the basics, but I'm sure you're a much better source of inofrmation."

Katsuki grinned, then settled in for a lecture.

And boy was it a lecture. We had barely finished before Mom came home.

Katsuki rose from the table and did a slight bow. "Hey, if you're back, then I need to ask you some-"

"Can I PLEASE go to I Island with Katsuki, Mom?" I quickly interjected.

"I- Anika. I guess you kids just can't stop running off from me with the next big thing, can you?" Mom sighed. "I see no reason why not, so long as you guys are safe. You and your brother better expect to spend a lot of time with me in the week before your training camp to make up for this when you return."

I ran up to her and hugged her. "Oh thank you Mom! I promise we will!"

Before I knew it, Katsuki, Kirishima and I were loaded on a plane the next day. Next thing I knew, I looked out the window and I Island was in sight. We'd made it.