Part 19 (I give up on Chapter Titles)

The next morning was slow, but I was terribly excited to see Katsuki at school. It was stupid, I know, concidering I saw him literally every day, but I still was waiting by the door for Izuku to hurry up so we could go. 

When we finally arrived at school I was almost combusting. I was so excited, like a lovesick puppy. I smoothed my excitement, not wanting to be humiliated because of it. I sat calmly at my desk about 7 minutes before class started. Only Izu, Iida and Momo were there right then. 

Todo came in and walked up to me. “Hey Todo, what’s up?” I asked.

“Please tell me you’re coming tonight,” he said.

“Uh…” I had completely forgotten. “Why can’t you just ask the Dekusquad?”

“They’re coming too, but the old man is insistent you come. Please?”

“...” Sigh. “Ugh, fine.”

“Thank you! May the soba gods bless you with many fortunes of soba!” 

I nodded slowly. “Okay…?”

Katsuki walked in then, and my attention was immediately diverted. Todo looked confused, but followed my line of sight. “What’s so special about Bakugou?” he asked.

Katsuki walked over to us. “What do you want Icyhot?”

“I was talking to Anika.” Todo said. “She’s coming to dinner tonight.”

“Not anything weird!” I chimed in “Endeavor invited me over to talk about internships or something. Izuku, Iida, Uraraka, and Tsu are gonna be there too!”

Katsuki looked confused. “Lots of useless information but okay.”

I was confused. “I was doing that so you wouldn’t think me and Todo were hanging out alone.”

“Even if you were, you’re still mine. Not like you’d do something.” Katsuki said. “You don’t have to justify your actions.”

“Please explain what is going on-” Todo said.

“Shut up Icyhot, I’m talking to Anika not you.” Katsuki growled. “Leave.”

Todo left, a confused look on his face.

I laughed, then looked at Katsuki. “It’s okay to tell people we’re together right?”

“I encourage it. I want people to know you’re mine.” Katsuki replied.

“Well, you’re mine too.” I replied with a smile. He just nodded and went to sit in his chair.

*TS brought to you by Aizawa’s sleeping bag*

About halfway through hero training it started to rain. My suit was not made for rain, and I made a note to have Hatsume change the fabric and add a hood. The only thing keeping me warm was a ball of fire I’d made in my hands.

We were running practice drills for a group of villains that had terrorized the city then fled. It was supposed to sharpen our stealth and tracking skills. I was in the role of the villain right now. I heard a soft thump as someone landed behind me and grabbed my arm. I may have been cold but I’d be damned if I was about to fail a practice drill. I grabbed their hands and twisted them behind their back, kicking the back of their knees to bring them to the ground. Then I realised it was Katsuki, he was also a villain currently. “Oops!” I released him.

He rubbed his wrists and stood up. “Nice reaction.” He glanced at me. “You look like you’re freezing, take my hood. Why wouldn’t you have thought to add one?” He shook his head and pulled off his top layer of his costume, holding it out. Only problem was now he only had a tank top on. “No… You need it. You’ll get sick.”

“I swear. My bloodstream is full of nitroglycerin, any sickness will get killed. Besides, my core temperature is elevated, the rain is keeping me from overheating from using my quirk. In short, I’m in my element. Put the fucking thing on dumbass.” And with that he jogged off.

I growled under my breath, mostly because what he said made sense, and put on the damn hoodie.

By the end of practice drill I was cold, dirty, tired, and ready to pick a fight with anyone who tried me right now. I went into the girl’s locker room and pulled off the wet mass of clothes and turned on the hot water for the showers, relishing in the warmth. After a couple of minutes I got out and dried off, changing into the school uniform. 

Kats was waiting for me outside the locker room when I came out. He looked just fine, and I was both happy and upset he had been right. “Hey, how do you feel?” he asked. 

“I feel wonderful Kat, you?” I asked.

“Just fine, like I said I would be.” He replied.

I huffed. “Let’s go.” I grabbed his hand. He pulled it away quickly, and I frowned. “Sorry if I overstepped.” I said.

“It’s not that dumbass.” He wiped his hand on his pants. “What if one of us ignited? We’d both go sky high.”

I chuckled. “You’re right.” We made it back to class.

The rest of the day passed quickly, and before I knew it Katsuki was walking me home. Or rather, walking me and Izuku home. I had convinced him to let Izuku walk with us. Or… I had blackmailed him into it. Either way, it worked. 

Our place was just down the street from the Bakugou’s, so I said bye to him real quick before going inside. We didn’t hug or anything, I just waved and he waved back, but it made me giddy nonetheless. Just being able to say I was BAKUGOU KATSUKI’S girlfriend baffled me.

(I’m so sorry this chapter is absolute trash don’t worry good stuff will be coming. I’m having a little tiny writer’s block, but wanted to get a chapter out for you today.)