Part 26 (Two Heroes Pt. 3)

"What are you doing here? What's going on?" I asked, turning towards the 8 of them.

"There's been a villain attack, All Might is trapped." Izuku replied.

All Might was trapped… Did he mean trapped in hero form? If so… then he only had so long. "How did-"

Suddenly, one of the guys broke free of Todoroki's ice, lashing out a giant hand at me. Kirishima immediately jumped in front of me, pushing me out of the way and taking the hit himself.

I stumbled back, watching him get thrown into the wall with a bit of abject horror. All because I had been distracted.

I went to go on the offensive, calling some fire to my hands, when Katsuki already jumped in and attacked the guy. Todoroki had joined him in the assault in a second.

The other guy had charged up and went to attack me. I blasted fire at him, then dodged his attack. I had to get to Kirishima and check on him.

The purple guy came in for a second attack as I made a move for the wall Kirishima had slammed into. Readying my stance, I blasted a ball of flame at him, only for it to have no effect as Katsuki blasted him with an explosion. The force of it knocked the villain out of the way of my attack.

"Go check on Kirishima!" Katsuki called. "This is not the type of thing your quirks are suited for!"

Right... I was once again reminded that I was NOT a power type. I rushed over to Kirishima, who was stuck in the wall. The other 7 were moving towards a vent on the other side of the greenhouse.

Luckily, Kiri was not hurt. His quirk had saved him from any major injuries, but he had some minor cuts. I set to work using Voice to heal them, trying to hold back my emotions.

I had been completely no use. I was just a liability.

After Kiri was healed, I stood and went to jump back into the fight. Just in time to see the hand guy take a swipe at Katsuki.

He wasn't hurt, to my relief, it had only taken the sleeve of his shirt.

The hand guy stood about 20 feet from me, looking at his hand. "Ew, what's this?" He asked.

"It's the sweat from my palms." Katsuki said. "It works like nitroglycerin." He spared me a glance, giving me a nod.

I immediately understood, blasting a column of fire at the man, resulting in an ungodly explosion.

Todoroki and Katsuki came over to me and Kirishima, who was now standing. "Nice work, you guys, sorry. Wasn't very manly of me to be left out of the fight so early."

"It was pretty manly to save a classmate, though." I muttered. "Thank you, Kirishima. I'm sorry I didn't pay attention."

"It's no problem, we all fumble Anika." Kiri said with a smile.

"Don't get a savior complex now, Shitty Hair." Katsuki said. "You guys are okay, right?"

He was... asking me if I was okay? Did he really think I couldn't hold my own that much?

"Anika hooked me up with some quick healing thanks to Voice." Kiri replied.

"I'm fine." I said. "Let's get going. Where are the others?"

"Escaped through a vent in the ceiling. They're on their way to the top of the tower." Todoroki replied.

I nodded. "Then we'll have to join them." Who was I kidding, I couldn't even fight a villain. What benefit could I add to this fight?

"I agree." Todoroki said. "They may have Midoryia and Yaoyorozu, but we need all the help we can get if this does come down to a fight up there."

"Why are we still standing here?" Katsuki chimed in. "Pretty damn obvious that if we go upstairs, we'll find more villains. So let's go."

With that, we moved out. Taking the stairs, we made it up several floors with no issues. Once we were past the 85th floor, it was a breeze. We encountered one villain, which I had quickly disarmed with a Voice command, avoiding fighting in the cramped space of the stairwell.

Katsuki gave me a glance, which I ignored, continuing up the stairs. We popped open a latch to a roof hatch, figuring it set off an alarm and ready for an attack. But none came.

Instead, we encountered a windy and dark free standing platform, where we could make out 3 figures.

"I'd recognize that dress anywhere." I said. "That's Uraraka! They look like they need help." We piled out from the hatch, rushing over.

Izuku and Mellisa were in the air, presumably due to Uraraka, but something was wrong. They were going the wrong way if they wanted to end up in an area where they could get into the room nearby easily.

I reached out a hand, ignoring the slightly burnt fingertips that I was getting, and blasted fire through one of the fans.

The change in air pressure blew the pair back the way they needed to be, and Izuku smashed through the wall at what looked like 100%.

"What's going on?" I asked Uraraka.

"The room up there has the controls for the island." She replied immediately, tapping her hands together to release Izuku and Mellisa. "Mellisa is going to get the island back online while Deku finds the villain."

I nodded. "He's gonna need some back up then. You better move us all up to a place we can help. If you can."

"I can do it. Come here you four." She beckoned us forward, though visibly exhausted.

"Uraraka, wait." I said. "We can find another way." I took a deep breath. "Katsuki?" It was the first time I'd spoken directly to him all night.

"What's your plan?" He asked.

"Can you use your explosions to move us all up there?"

"Tch, it's not a matter if I can." He said. "Course I can."

"Great, then do it. Please." I said.

He gave me a look, but rolled his eyes and grabbed my waist, taking off with his other hand and setting me down on the ledge seconds later.

Pretty soon we were over on the other side, getting ready to go inside, when we heard gunshots, and a scream I knew distinctly as Izuku's.