The Names They Called Us (Anika's POV)

We went to Aizawa's class, and Midnight was there to help us pick hero names. She explained the criteria, and left us 15 minutes to think.

I knew I wanted mine to relate somehow to fire, but not in any way make people think of Endeavor. I thought of Flicker, but that made me sound like I died out quick.

Then it clicked, the embers. They stand out from the rest of the fire, burn bright, and stayed on their own time. I wrote it down on the paper, 'Ember'.

It's an order. Mina had appropriately picked Pinky, Denki was Chargebolt, Kiri was Red Riot. I could tell the inspiration for Kiri, you can only say manly so many times before people knew you were Crimson Riot fan. Bakugou-- he chose Explosion Murder-- which was immediately vetoed by Midnight. Then it was my turn.

Walked up to the front of the class and held up my sign. "Ember." I said.

"I like it!" Midnight said. "It reflects not only your quirk, but your spirit."

"It suits you." Izu agreed.

"Thanks." I said and sat down.

Izu got up. "Deku." He said simply.

I grinned. He did remember what I had said. "It's perfect."

"Are you sure?" Midnight asked.

"Oh I'm sure." Izuku said, " someone changed the meaning of Deku for me a long time ago." He smiled at me.

                         ☆☆☆☆☆FLASHBACK☆☆☆☆☆

It was after we'd found out Izu was quirkless. Me, Izu, Bakugou, and a few others were playing at the sand pit. I was five.

"The last characters of Izuku's name are the characters of the word Deku which means useless." Bakugou had rudely pointed out.

"Wow! You can read already!? And that fits because he's quirkless!" One boy had exclaimed.

"Yeah, a quirkless Deku." Bakugou agreed. "And of course I can read! I'm awesome!"

Izuku started to bawl. I stood up and marched over to the blonde. "If you had any sense, you would know that in Latin there is a root that is called deca. It sounds an awful lot like deku. It also means 10. And that just goes to show that Izuku is 10 times the person you will ever be."

                     ☆☆☆☆☆END OF FLASHBACK☆☆☆☆☆

Bakugou stood up and stalked out, angered by Izuku's choice of name. All Might ran after him, talked with him for a minute, then left.

"Kacchan wait!" Izu called, running after him, me trailing behind.

"What do you want you stupid nerd?!" Bakugou lashed out.

"Kacchan... you're stronger than me, I know this. The only reason we almost wish you was because... BECAUSE I WAS GIVEN A QUIRK!" He cried.

"Izu... All Might said..." I started. This snitch. I thought.

" I know! But Kacchan is affected, he needs to know!"

"What do you mean, 'Given'?" Bakugou asked.

"I was-" Izu started.

"He was blessed to get one at such an old age!" I cut in.

Bakugou looked between us. "Whatever." He walked off.

"What were you thinking?!" I asked Izu.

"I-i wasn't... I just thought Kacchan..." Izuku drifted off.

"Izu, you're so so kind... but it's such a problem sometimes. All Might gave you specific instructions." I said gently, taking his hand. If I was being honest to hurt me that the second Bakugou was upset Izu was willing to spill his biggest secret, but the several times I confronted him he had lied to me.

All Might came back, and I could tell he wanted to speak to Izu alone, so I headed home.

(Whattttttt?! A 3rd chapter done?! Who would have thought? Hopefully this keeps you satisfied for a while, until tomorrow when I can update more! Hope your day is wonderful! ^^ ~Sho💖😄)