Sports Festival, Part 1

When Sensei announced the Sports Festival, I almost flared up from excitement. Only 2 weeks though... I'd have to up my training.

Between training with Izu, private training, school, and Bakusquad hangouts/training sessions, I had plenty of practice in those 2 weeks. I even knocked Bakugou on his ass a couple time. Sometimes we'd go out for lunch or something after, typically me, Bakugou, and Kirishima.

Finally, on the day of the festival, waiting in the arena, something clicked. I had been feeling anxious all day, and I realized it wasn't just because of the Pro Hero scouts and Mom could be watching, but what if my dad saw it? Would he be impressed? I didn't remember my time with my father very well, but something told me I shouldn't disappoint him.

We assembled in front of a platform which Midnight was on. Bakugou stepped up to the platform and leaned into the microphone. "I just wanna say, I'm gonna win." he said simply. The crowd of teens erupted in angry yelling and swearing and threats. "Good job Bakugou!" I called. "Now everyone hates 1A!" I did a sarcastic slow clap.

Midnight called the group back to order and the wheel behind her spun. Obstacle course. Great. I'd trained for that.

At the start of the course, Present Mic counted us down. I saw Todoroki's right hand tense and jumped as Present Mic said, "GO!" I just barely missed the sheet of ice that coated the track. "Ha, you thought you were slick." I said and ran after him, melting a path for myself.

I made it to the clearing seconds after Todoroki, just in time to see the robots. The 0-Point ones. He froze them. Wow, I didn't know he could freeze that much.... Fuck! I'd waited too long, they were thawing rapidly.

Hey, robots are robots. I thought, sensing combustion engines. I only needed to take out one, then I could get through. Using the same principle as I had for the smaller ones, I blew up the motor. Which of course fried the circuitry, and before I knew it the thing fucking exploded. Luckily I was far enough away I didn't get hit with anything, but my ears were ringing now. When I got to the next clearing I saw that Todoroki was making sure not to touch the ground, and disused it was boobytrapped.

Follwing his lead, I thanked god this boy had a problem with his fire and decided to use his ice bridge, melting it behind me. When I got to him he still hadn't noticed me, so I just pushed him off. Oops. I heard an explosion and didn't dare look back, thinking I was in the clear. Activating Voice, I said "Leap" and made it safely across in one bound. I was running toward the finish line when Izu flew over my head. Todoroki and Bakugou were suddenly neck-in-neck with me and I urged myself to run faster. Izu would get first, I knew that much, but I was not gonna let either of the others beat me.

"Speed like Iida." I panted out and ran by the other 2, crossing the finish just seconds after Izu. Panting, my hands on my knees, I waited to see how the others would do.

After the eliminated were removed and race over, Midnight explained the next event. And of course, I had a bounty on my head. I walked up to Izu. "Look bro, I love you. But if I can, and I can, I'm getting your headband." I said and adjusted the 2,000 point band on his head. It just slid down and became lopsided again. "Good luck." I said. "Thanks sis." he said and smiled, helping me tie my 200 point one on.

I waved and set to forming a team. The Bakusquad had already assembled so I joined forces with Sato, a girl from 1B with a plant quirk, and- since she was rejected from the Bakusquad like me- Jirou.

"Ok team." I said. "I know you all want Izuku's headband, but we need a plan. I know my brother well enough to know he'll stay out of the middle of things. We'll have to go to him. Now, he has Uraraka, Tokoyami, and some girl from the support course. I can keep Tokoyami at bay with my fire, Jirou, when we get there disrupt the ground with your earphone jacks, Sato i need you to get rid of Uraraka while me and Jirou are doing our thing. Um... I'm so sorry I forgot your name but your job is to protect us from other attacks while we're retrieving the band. Understand?"

They nodded and in agreement and we got assembled. Present Mic counted us down and we started fighting across the arena towards Izuku.

At one point 2 teams had been fighting and so I spoke a command to confuse them both and plucked the headbands off them all. At another point my band had almost been taken but the vine girl had enclosed me in vines and Jirou had shaken the ground, causing the team to crumble into a mess of limbs.

We got to Izu with just a minute remaining. Just in time, in fact, to see Todoroki fly past and snatch the band. He tied it around his head, switching it to the inside. "Ok. New plan." I said, smirking. "I'll handle Todoroki. Iida is done for, his energy is gone. We need insulation from Denki."

Vines formed around us. "I've got it." She said. "I can handle Momo too. With Jirou's help of course." Jirou nodded and we charged.

"15 SECONDS!" Present Mic boomed.

I whistled sharply and fire appeared in my hands. He'd counteract with ice,, he always did. I launched the fire at Todoroki and wrapped it around him. There was a huge cloud of steam. I pulled him to me, sweat and condensation dripping off me, and- "2 SECONDS!" Present Mic called. I ripped the bands off him and dropped him.

"0!"

I tied them on my head, only to find my other ones were gone. I looked back at Izuku, just in time to see Dark Shadow hand him the bands. "You sneaky little shit." I giggled.

"I knew you would get it, so I didn't see why you needed the other ones." Izuku retorted, grinning.