[🔪]Unmasked

what if you can see the darkest side of me?
No one will ever change this animal I have become

Animal I Have Become- Three Days Grace

Chapter Sixteen

||KIT||

"I made her kill."

Those words caused an unknown emotion to come over me and I felt sick.

My throat closed up and I turned away swiftly, trying to get away from him.

Bathroom. I need to find a bathroom.

As I stumbled outside the darkened room and down the hallway I heard the front door open and close, then the light sounds of footsteps advancing.

Masky must've heard it too because he was out of the room in a flash, heading towards the sound and disappearing behind the far wall.

"Uff!" The sound of someone collapsing met my ears a few seconds later and I used a hand to brace against the wall, taking deep breaths and trying to will the nausea away.

I couldn't understand why I was reacting like this. All I knew is that I hated the fact that he had done this before.

He'd gotten another innocent person to kill. Was this all a game to him? Was I a game to him? He said she didn't break his heart, did he break hers?

What would happen if I decided to do what he asked? What if I did start to kill? Would he move on and find someone else to corrupt when he grew bored with me? Was it something he did often or was I just overthinking?

A sound caused me to raise my head. Masky was dragging something now; a body, much larger than his own size. He dragged it across the carpet by the person's leg and towards the kitchen, leaving a trail of blood that would surely stain the pristine grey carpeting.

Had the owner returned home?

With the nausea fading, I followed, making my way to the kitchen where I saw Masky using some cable ties to secure the older looking gentleman to one of the chairs. The man's head was bowed and blood dripped from a cut on his forehead, that must be where masky struck him.

I assumed he was still alive considering the effort Masky was putting into securing the ties.

"Go call the others," he ordered without looking at me as he continued his work.

I didn't argue, leaving the room without a word and going off to find the others.

I found Hoodie first and he joined me as we looked for the other two. Once we were all gathered in the kitchen we waited for the old man to wake up.

"What do you plan to do with him?" Amy asked Masky from where she sat on the kitchen counter swaying her legs back and forth. She seemed so unbothered by everything that I wished I could be like her.

A room full of killers and you show not one sign of fear or resentment, or even unease.

"There's something I need to see first before we get rid of him."

I swallowed.

Get rid of. So he definitely planned on killing this poor old man.

"Is that really necessary?" I asked furrowing my brows.

Toby pulled down his mouth guard, his lower lip was still bruised but he grinned anyway, "it's a b-bit of an unspoken rule of Slender's. Leave n-no witnesses y-y'know?"