[🍑 ]Rules

Chapter Twenty Five

||KIT||

I was warm, snuggled up under the covers with an arm wrapped around my waist while I was pressed against the hard body behind me.

Masky was breathing lightly, the air coming out in little puffs and tickling my ear as I blinked my eyes open.

The room was still dark but the digital clock next to the bed was flashing 4:55 am.

I was never an early riser and after last night I'd have expected to sleep for another 24 hours but instead I was up even before Masky, ready to take on the day ahead.

I turned to face him, using a hand to prop my head up as I looked at him from under my dark lashes.

He looked so innocent in this moment, his lips slightly parted while his thick eyebrows were furrowed, his long lashes fanning his cheeks as he slept.

I used my free hand to smooth the crease between his brows, trailing my fingers down to his sideburns and then even lower, brushing them against his neck and collarbone. My fingers stilled as I marveled at the scars that littered his pale skin, the pads of my fingers gently pressing down on a large scar over his chest.

My breath caught in my throat when my wrist was suddenly captured in a tight grip and I saw his brown eyes fly open.

His expression was unreadable and he stared at me for a good five seconds before he arose, the covers falling off his shoulders as he looked down at me, still holding my hand.

"H-hi?" My voice came out as an inaudible whisper.

He certainly looked more intimidating than he did when he was asleep but I relaxed when I saw his expression soften as his eyes roamed over my still naked body.

I couldn't even be embarrassed considering what we had done last night.

My insides clenched from the memory and he pushed me onto my back, coming to rest between my legs.

"Hmm," he rumbled low in his throat as he buried his face in my chest, his voice sounding deeper than usual, causing butterflies to riot in my tummy.

I let out a light chuckle and smoothed his messy hair as his hands gripped my waist, "you were watching me sleep, huh?"

"I was debating whether I should smother you," I lied, causing him to peer up at me for a moment before he dug his fingers into the skin of my waist, causing me to suck in a sharp breath.

"Spread your legs," he ordered.

I almost gave in at his tone but I stood my ground, "you must've been really tired to snore that loudly."

"And you must've been exhausted the way you passed out on my dick," he returned, clearly trying to one-up me.

And it worked. I was too embarrassed to think of a clever enough retort.

"I'll know better than to stop just because you're asleep next time," he slid up my body, grabbing my chin as he dared me to keep eye contact.

I eventually yielded, looking away from him and pulling my lower lip into my mouth, biting down in frustration, "we need to talk about that, you know."

"About what?"

"Last night."

"I'm listening."

I blew out a breath, "I just..."

"You what?" He asked after I paused, sounding impatient.

"Don't you feel like you were a little bit too forceful?"