Lights Out

Chapter Four

||KIT||

Everyone seemed to be slightly shaken up but Cassandra insisted the massacre was no reason to ruin our plans and as we got back into the car Mason took the steering wheel since it was his turn to drive while the other two went around the back. They huddled up close to each other and were asleep about five minutes later. I took the aux cord and connected it to my phone.

"Hell no," Mason said looking over at me with wide eyes before turning his gaze back to the road, "you have way too much weird shit on that."

"Hey! They're not weird," I complained with what I hoped was a cute pout and he chuckled slightly before bursting out in laughter once Candy Shop came on.

"That's not weird but still, it's so old."

"Wha-at it's a classic!'' I grinned and waved my hands a bit singing along, "I'll take you to the candy shop-"

"You're such a dork," he shook his head with a laugh and I ducked my own head in embarrassment before skipping the song quickly.

"Get with the times Kitani," he chuckled.

"I'm with the times," I protested, "alright watch."

I chose the next song and saw his expression visibly harden.

'Come on over in my direction~' I crooked both index fingers at him, beckoning him over as I tried not to laugh.

''No" he barked making me let out a squeal of laughter I couldn't hold back.

"Got me feeling some kinda way-" I placed a hand over my chest dramatically, giving him a pouty expression.

"Please stop," Mason groaned, a pained expression on his chiseled face.

"But the best part's coming up," I countered, causing him to look at me in disbelief.

"Kit don't you dare sin-"

"I'm gonna do it!"

"If you do I'll kick you out of this car I swear," He warned but I didn't care since I enjoyed annoying him.

"Des...pa..." I raised my arms.

"Stop-"

"Cito!" I sang along to the song, tumbling over the rest of the words since I had no sense of the Spanish language while I flailed my arms and moved my hips fluidly dancing to the track as Mason only face-palmed, one hand on the steering.

"I dislike you," he mumbled.

"Love you too," I drawled, grinning a little as I finally settled down in my seat, my stomach fluttering with butterflies.

He glanced over at me briefly and I saw the ghost of a smile on his lips which made my heart melt.

"You know I was kinda bummed Amy couldn't make it but you're actually not so bad Blair."