[🍑]Searing Heat

Chapter Fifty Six

||KIT||

When Masky had spent a considerable amount of time in the bathroom and didn't seem to be in a rush to get out, I gathered my courage and got to my feet, heading for the bathroom door.

I pushed it open and was met with steam and the heavy sound of water hitting the floor tiles of the shower.

Biting my lip anxiously, I slipped inside the bathroom and shrugged out of the large shirt, placing it in the wastebasket. I could see Masky's silhouette behind the glass door of the shower. He was standing still under the hot water, face tilted upwards and hands at his sides, unmoving. For a few seconds I debated going in, turning away in the end when I realized I was to embarrassed to face him.

Before my hand could reach the doorknob he spoke, "get in."

If this fluttery feeling doesn't go away I'll have a hard time staying focused.

I made my way over and he slid the door open to let me in. After I entered he closed it behind me and I stepped under the scalding hot water trying to distract myself from the emotions I was currently sifting through.

Masky's hands were then around my body, wrapping around my arms and pinning them to my sides as he pulled me backwards. Tucking my body against his, he nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck and I felt butterflies fluttering in my tummy when he pressed himself against my lower back.

Was he still...?

My mouth went dry.

"Masky."

"Hm?" He mumbled against my skin.

"Why do you always do that?"

"Do what?"

When I tried to face him, he tightened his grip around me, keeping me in place, "use your words."

I settled, deciding to just be upfront with him, "do you love me?"

I was met with silence and when he started to slide a hand down my body I stopped him, hand on his wrist.

"Please answer."

"Open your legs."

I squirmed a bit, forcing myself to remain steadfast despite the temptation.

"Do you love me or not?" I managed to ask.

I was relieved when he let me go but when I turned to face him I was met with a stone cold glare.

"Why are you asking a dumb question like that?"

"You never say it back. Ever."

He let out a scoff and pulled the shower door open, stepping out with water still dripping off his body and left wet footprints as he crossed the room, grabbing a towel along the way.

I rolled my eyes and shut the water off before wrapping myself in a towel as well, heading back into the bedroom.

His towel was draped over his head to dry his hair while he was putting on his pants over his boxers.

"Can you just be a little bit more forward with me?" I asked, hugging my arms.

I watched him zip himself up and as he fed his belt through the loops in the waistband of his jeans, he lifted his head to look at me, "are you trying to start an argument again?"

"I'm just trying to have a conversatio-"

"No, you want to rile me up. You know what that'll get you."