Don't Be Suspicious

Chapter Forty Two

||KIT||

Sore.

That was the only word I could use to describe the state of my body the next day as Amy and I were once again back at the pharmacy to pick up plan B.

This time I was embarrassed when the cashier's eyes met mine as she took the box from me and passed it under the barcode scanner that beeped loudly like it was announcing my active sex life to the world.

Avoiding eye contact, I paid for my item and made a quick escape back to the parking lot where Amy was waiting with the car idle, scrolling through her phone. As soon as I slid into the passenger seat she dropped it onto her lap and turned the key in the ignition, the engine purring to life. I closed the door and she put the car into drive, pulling out of the parking spot and onto the road, heading to my house.

It was a Sunday so the streets were emptier than usual and occasionally we would pass by a few pedestrians, dressed for their Sunday rituals in stiff suits and itchy dresses. I looked over at Amy for just a second, too embarrassed to meet her eyes.

I don't know if she heard us last night but the idea that she did had me wondering what she must be thinking. It was uncomfortable to think that I'd let him do all those things to me under her roof, even if she was my best friend.

Would he keep doing this to me? Popping up unannounced and turning me into a zombified sex toy for his entertainment before disappearing again? I won't lie, it's somewhat thrilling but upsetting at the same time.

This morning when I woke up Masky was gone as I of course expected, but it still didn't stop a ball of emotion from forming in the pit of my stomach. I had at least hoped he would stay long enough for us to actually spend time getting to know each other as he'd promised, but like the last time, he had decided to disappear after the act.

Sighing, I pulled the seatbelt across my torso, clicking it in place and letting my hands fall to my lap. I was wearing one of my oversized gray shirts and gray pajama bottoms with a thick hoodie that I'd pulled over my head, drawing the strings tight to hide the horrors on my body. I didn't care that it made me look like a drug addict. I was an addict in a completely different way.

My stomach fluttered every time I thought about him and my middle ached from the memories of last night, the imprint of him still pulsing within me. My emotions were roiling inside as these images danced across my mind.

He knew what he was doing to me, didn't he?

There was a time when I wasn't questioning my sanity with every new day that passed. All the 'reminders', as he'd called them, were just red flags reinforced by his certain charm. Maybe it was his confidence that made me feel like I could trust him with my life, but on the other hand, the way he looks at me drives fear right into my very soul.

There was nothing soft in those eyes. Even as he kissed me his fingers had made their marks deep into my flesh and if his hands were ever gentle, it's when his teeth bled me.

It was the attention I desperately craved.

My hand pressed against my side and I winced at the new wave of pain that sliced through me, the sensation causing my body to react in the most unexpected way- moisture growing.

Why am I in so deep? I'd gotten lost in him again and said the words I promised myself I wouldn't dare let leave my lips.

And once again, he didn't say it back.