Deep Dive

When I'm with you I have amnesia I'm weaker than before
My stupid brain thinks that I need you
I'm eager to hurt more

Ashnikko- Hi, It's Me

Chapter Forty Seven

||KIT||

Love.

We all know it. Star-crossed lovers threw themself onto rocks for it, every musician has written a song about it -and me?

I killed for it.

I know loving someone who only wants to see you break has its consequences but I was ready to deal with anything and that's why after Amy dropped me curbside and left, I found myself struggling -and failing- to climb up the side of my house to my bedroom window just so Sara wouldn't see me.

How the hell did Masky do this every night?

Eventually, I managed to climb my way up and fell into my room with a loud thud. I lay quiet for a minute to make sure no one had heard me before I got to my feet and, shrugging off my backpack, I removed the camera and got it connected to my laptop.

I needed to know what else was on there.

While the laptop was powering on I got changed into more comfortable loose-fitting clothes. My stomach rumbled but I paid it no mind. The last time I ate was earlier this morning when Amy forced me to choke down a breakfast burrito and right now, despite the pain in my stomach, I didn't feel like eating.

My mind was too occupied.

Sitting at my desk I cleared the mess of books, loose-leaves, and pencil shavings. I entered my password and pulled up file manager.

I then double-clicked on the folder holding all the media from the camera, rows and rows of pictures and videos all loading up at once.

Clicking open the files, I scrolled through all the pictures and videos I'd seen earlier today until I got to where I left off; the picture of me and Joey at the coffee shop.

Scrolling further I came up with more pictures of myself and Joey until eventually, I saw a series of videos dated a few days earlier.

I remembered that Masky hadn't been around for three days at that time before he showed up again to accuse me of being interested in Joey-

-and then getting rid of him.

I pushed the memory from my mind and went back to looking through the videos. I wondered if they would explain his absence.

I opened the first video that was only fifteen seconds long.

The initial few seconds were just darkness until I saw Masky's signature black-lipped mask come into view.

He backed away from the camera with his hands out before him like he was making sure it was set up right. The camera seemed to tilt forward before falling and causing the video to end abruptly.

I went to the next video that was significantly longer and as soon as I hit play there was shuffling before the camera finally focused on Masky.

"Why do I have to d-do this?" I recognized Toby's voice immediately and a smile almost made its way onto my face.

"Because you're available," Masky answered gruffly.

"But you're not supposed to use that stuff. Slenderman only uses it on the-"

"Just shut the fuck up Rodgers. I asked you to hold the camera not give me a lecture," typical Masky with his ever so colorful vocabulary.

I heard Toby huff but he didn't complain further and only held the camera, following Masky across the room.