Forbidden

I see something with us more than fuckin'
But I'm distracted every time you touch me
Insane, I must be

Jada Kingdom - Dickmatized

Chapter Forty Six

||KIT||

I tugged at the ends of my hair nervously, pacing in the living room of the once warm and welcoming home where there was now a body only a few feet away, in the earliest stages of decomposition.

My mind was racing with all the information I needed to process. Masky had left me alone to clean up the mess after tricking me into doing something horrible again.

What did he mean when he said the mask was a placebo? That I'd made myself think it was controlling my actions when really I was in control the whole time?

If that's true then I'm a murderer and even worse, I felt no remorse for doing what I'd done.

Bile rose in my throat and I looked down at my shaking bloody hands in anger and confusion. How could he do that to me after I'd given him so much of myself? My throat felt dry and I took a deep calming breath, coming to a stop as I raised my head to the ceiling and closed my eyes.

Deep breaths. In through nose- out through mouth. I practiced this for a while until my heart was no longer thudding in my chest.

I need to get out of here.

Brushing off the initial panic that had temporarily scrambled my thoughts I was about to head down the hallway when I noticed one of the pill bottles Masky had missed in his hurry to get away from me. I picked it up and studied the label.

Haloperidol. The name on the label said Timothy Wright.

I stuffed the bottle into the pocket of my hoodie before heading down the hallway and into the bathroom. The bright lights had me squinting a little before I focused on my face.

I didn't expect to ever get to the point where I no longer recognized myself in front of a mirror but the life I've led has changed me.

Peering into the eyes reflected back at me I couldn't see myself. Only someone who looked like me.

Her hair was a mess and her eyes were red and puffy to go with the bruises on her lips and blood on her shirt.

Dried blood followed a path from a wound on her neck, just under her ear and ended where it had soaked into the shirt underneath her sweater.

She looked insane.

With a huff I turned on the tap, leaving droplets of blood on the sink as I scrubbed and scrubbed at the red staining my skin.

It was simpler when he only wanted to help me escape the police. Now he'd found my weakness and exploited it.

Why did I convince myself it was possible to lead a double life where I could have my cake and eat it? Where I could go to school every day and then kiss a killer on the weekends?

I'd even subconsciously convinced myself that he loved me too and that it justified everything he'd forced me to endure.

Tears flooded my vision and I blinked them away, wishing I was anywhere else.

The blood wasn't coming off no matter how hard I scrubbed and I let out a frustrated sound, abandoning the bathroom with the tap still running and entering the bedroom again, grimacing as the body came into view.