[🔪]Throwback

Oh my my my what you do to me, like lightning when I'm swimming in the sea
From the very first time we loved, from the very first time we touched

Powerful- Major Lazer

Chapter Thirty Eight

||KIT||

I hadn't expected Liam's party to flop but judging by the turnout it wasn't doing very well by house party standards.

Amy and I decided to wear our bikinis under our outfits just in case the party extended to the pool and after we were let inside we made our way through the house. Music was playing but everyone was mostly sitting around taking hits off the hookah and laughing or chatting with each other.

Maybe I was wrong for expecting it to be like the club we went to.

"Hey! I didn't know you were coming," Amy was stopped by a familiar face.

"Yeah," she answered, looking around him, "have you seen Liam?"

"Check the back," he used his thumb to point behind him and Amy gave him a quick nod, leading the way.

"Nice to see you here too Kit," he spoke as I went by him.

He knows my name?

I gave a tight smile and a small wave, "you too..." whatever your name is.

Following the direction we were given, we ended up by the kitchen as Liam was just exiting. He smiled as soon as he saw us, his eyes crinkling at the corners. It was no secret why he was one of the most popular boys at our school, he was surprisingly kind but really attractive too with his dark hair and expressive honey-colored eyes.

"Hey, you made it!" He was talking to Amy and I smiled to myself thinking how contagious his optimism was. He patted my head before giving Amy a side hug and letting us know where we could find everything we needed. 

I was a bit distracted by the assortment of chips he'd stockpiled in the kitchen but I caught the last of him telling Amy how the real party was happening downstairs in the basement.

After he went on to hang out with his group of friends Amy and I decided to relax at first by the pool. There were only a few people lounging around outside and the air was a bit chilly but not cold to the point where it would be uncomfortable.

The blue pool lights danced in my peripheral as I looked out at the black void past the backyard since all the lighting was too bright for me to see much else.

Lounging on the outdoor chaise I looked over at Amy knowingly and she returned my look before we both grinned.

"This is nice."

"It is," I agreed.

"Just two completely normal girls hanging out-" she trailed off.

"Yeah, two normal girls who are not secretly involved in any illegal activities whatsoever."

Amy laughed out loud and I jumped when a gruff voice came from behind us, "what's this about illegal activities?"

Amy's smile was big and she crossed her legs, regarding the boy from earlier with a seductive gaze, "hi Bryan."

Oh right he was the boy in the cafeteria. 

I noticed he was carrying two bottles and he handed me one before going over to give the next to Amy.

"Thanks," she took the bottle and used the bottle opener to flip the cork off. I watched her take a swig and took the bottle opener she was reaching toward me.