[🌸]The Kiss

Chapter Twenty Two

||KIT||

Whose idea was it for me to go wandering the halls of a demonic creature who thinks freefalling elevators are the future?

Mine, of course.

Because I'm an idiot, apparently.

I had been walking for about 5 minutes before I realized that I had no idea where I was going and when I turned around to head back the way I came I realized that I was in fact, lost, because none of the hotel rooms were numbered in a language I could read, just more of the strange hieroglyphics.

I was about to start looking for cameras when a figure turned the corner, his lanky frame leaning against the wall as the overhead lights glinted off his pure white mask.

My heart lurched in my chest but I was relieved still. Masky had found me, so I wasn't lost after all. As he started to make his way toward me, however, the hairs along the back of my neck prickled and I took a step back.

"been looking all over for you," his tone was soft and he reached out a hand, grasping my wrist and pulling me to his chest as he looked down at me from under his mask.

"Why's that?"

"There's something I've been wanting to try."

I gave him a questioning look and he used his free hand to push his mask up, revealing his lips and the smile that was plastered across them.

I held my breath when he dipped his head, my eyes still open in shock when his lips came closer.

Was this-?

"Kit?"

My eyes flickered open to see Masky had just come around the corner, making his way over to me with his hands tucked into his pockets.

I was more embarrassed than anyone could imagine.

Why did I just slip into a fantasy about kissing him?

I'm finally losing it.

He stopped before me, looking down at me from behind that darn mask, "you can't just wander off in a place like this."

Ugh, this boy lives to lecture me.

"I was looking for a bathroom."

"Did you find one?"

I nodded and went by him, heading down the direction he came from but my wrist was caught before I could get far and I was pulled back, against his chest.

"That's highly unlikely," he spoke, "Zalgo may have called this place a hotel but that's just on the surface. This whole place is crawling with demons."

"I'm sure I'll be fine," I mumbled.

His grip tightened and he turned me to face him, "I'm telling you not to wander off again."

"I won't."

He seemed to stare down at me for a few seconds before his hand cupped my cheek making me blush shyly, leaning my face into his gloved palm like a kitten.

"You're so fucking cute," he groaned, his voice sounding strained as he backed me up against the wall, my eyes wide as I peered up at him.

For some reason my body was hyper-aware of how close he was to me now.

"Open your mouth."

The request caught me off guard and I swallowed hard, forced to open my mouth when he continued to keep me pressed against the wall.