|Prologue|

She looked so fucking beautiful, Richard Hamilton thought, sitting on his desk, pretending to rummage through files. His cabin was angular to hers, and through the large, glass window, he was able to see her everyday. Grace Clarkson, his secretary and one of the most efficient designers of his company, Enigmatic Homes. She was the most wonderful creature he had ever laid his eyes on, with her peachy blonde hair, coffee-brown eyes and thin yet full lips that made him wanna grab her and kiss her senseless.

But as her boss, there were certain boundaries that needed to be maintained. And he believed in boundaries, but only this time, he was willing to break them. But he couldn't. As per his own rules, he wasn't allowed to woo his employee by showcasing his position. He wasn't allowed to force his feelings on her just because he held a higher position to her. It would be like using her, and he couldn't bear thinking about it.

He had tried giving her signals, on certain situations, to make her understand how much he liked her, but to his utter dismay, she had been absolutely oblivious to his efforts. He liked how she was so obsessed with her work and hell serious about it, but her lack of interest irritated him. She didn't even look at him for more than a minute, keeping her head down and politely writing down his requirements like a quiet, and efficient secretary.

But he didn't want a secretary out of her, he wanted a woman out of her. Was it so wrong? As he looked at her, she suddenly looked up, incredulous. Not sure how to conceal the fact that he had been gawking at her, he dropped his gaze, pretending to read something. And to save him from further embarrassment, his phone rang obnoxiously.

"Hello, yes, Ben, what is it?"

Ben's voice buzzed on the other end of the line. "Hey, Richie. I just wanna know the time of the party. It's after eight, right?"

Party? What party? Oh, shit. Richard remembered like a flash. Tonight, there was a surprise party for Alex as he was going to be a dad, soon. It would take place in his father's house, he had almost forgotten. Fay would've killed him if he missed it. "Yeah, yeah, Ben. Its sort of a dinner party."

"Okay then, see you there, man."

"Yeah, see you." He said and the line got disconnected.

He needed a date. His father had mentioned that he could bring his own friends. The more, the merrier. Fuck, who would he ask? Grace? It was a party and it was just one night. She wouldn't think too much, would she? Palpitations throbbed in his chest as he mustered up the courage to switch on the intercom. "Miss Clarkson, please come to my office."

Richard hated to call her 'Miss Clarkson'. He really wanted to hear her first name roll off his tongue. He would impress her and she would notice him. He was sure of it. He would do anything in his power to make their relationship possible. In a while, Grace entered his cabin and he was once again, awestruck.

"Yes, sir? How can I help you?"

She looked like vision in that tight pink skirt and white blouse. Richard cleared his throat. "Ah, Miss Clarkson, I need a favour." When she looked at him with questioning eyes, he sighed. "I...need...a...date...for tonight's party at my dad's house...I didn't have time to find one, so can you please cooperate?"

She looked confused and before she could pass a remark, he said. "See, it's strictly professional. My reputation is at stake here. Please, Miss Clarkson."

Grace nodded her head. And he felt relieved. "Thank you. I appreciate it."

"When's the party, sir?"

"It's like a dinner party, so after eight. Don't worry, I'll pick you up."

She looked uncomfortable, and he wanted to strangle himself for being so fucking forward. "It's my responsibility, Miss Clarkson. I'll pick you up and also drop you home. Consider it a pay-back."

He knew Grace was very loyal and also very self-reliant. She didn't really accept anything just given to her. She had the passion to earn things for herself and that's what he liked the most. "You can go, now. See you at eight."

He watched her leave the cabin and then he swished his hands in the air, "Woo-hooo!" It was victory.

He wasn't about to get her in a fraction of second. He would need to act step by step. And he had just taken the first step to woo her.