Chapter Eight

Author's Note: Hi guys. How are you all? I understand that you all might be busy but please do take out some time and comment on this book. Firstly, your comments make my day (even if I reply or not), they are a constant source of motivation for me. You need to tell me whether you like this book or not. And how much you like it? I'm not forcing you to comment but I just wanna say that you can write whatever you feel after reading a chapter.

Appreciate all of you,
Love, love.

___________________________________________

As Richard let her in, he felt so damn aroused. Jean had held his hand tightly, and walked beside him to his cabin, leaving Grace, shocked and perturbed. He dismissed the idea of Jean having the power to arouse him. She didn't. As they reached the cabin, he slammed the door shut, realizing she was still holding his hand. "Jean, you can leave me, now."

The red-haired woman just jerked her hands, flinching away. Was she disgusted? Richard wondered. "It's okay, we did great."

Jean nodded her head, sitting herself on the chair just adjacent to his desk, "So, what now? I think....we kinda scared her."

"Uh, yeah. You just wait here, and let her think, we're..."

Her breath caught at the back of her throat. "...doing something..." she continued his sentence in awkward quietness.

"Yeah, and then we announce that you're the new marketing person and also, my girlfriend...." He said, and then tried to approach the desk. Losing balance, he slipped, and fell on Jean, who had been sitting on the chair. Their foreheads touched as he tried to regain his strength, gripping the handles of the chair, caging her between. "Sorry, I just-"

She nodded her head, and breathed hard, that sent shudders down her body. "No problem."

Up close, she looked so. . .real. The nervous flutter in his stomach quickened as he gazed at her. Her creamy red hair was fastened into a prim bun, and honestly, he wasn't liking it. He admitted that he liked her hair, open and free. No, he mentally screamed at himself, why was he feeling like this?

"Uh, Richard, we should think about some endearments or nicknames. It's important for lovers, you know." She broke the silence.

Richard got up from the position, adjusting his tie, even though it didn't need any adjusting. "Yes, yes. How about baby? Or sweetie? Love? Cutie pie?"

The scattering names made his head reel and he noticed Jean laughing. "Oh, my, god. Let me think." She crossed her arms over her chest, her voice dripping with certainty. "Okay, you can call me baby, and sometimes sweetheart, but for formal occasions, you can call me Jeanie. It's my nickname! Cool?"

He just nodded his head. "Ah, what would you call me?"

She drummed her fingers on her chin, and he saw the red nail polish on her nails, and that colour matched her hair so well that he wanted to flip out. "Mm, I'll call you babe, and love, and Rich, for formal events."

He understood, dipping his head sideways. "You're good."

Rolling her eyes, she sat there with a smug look on her face. Her eyes became smaller, and she smiled, her cheeks furrowing with dimples. "Uh-huh. I have real good experience in being a fake girlfriend to rich and handsome men!"

His gaze met hers. Handsome? She thought he was handsome? Unknowingly, he felt nice, hearing that. "You think I'm handsome?"

Instead of shying away, she looked at him directly. "Of course, you are. You are very good-looking, Rich."