Chapter Thirty Eight

"Okay, Jean, can you stop sulking?" Alex railed, unable to take it anymore.

Jean shivered, her mind wrecking in mindless shivers that generated from the base of her spine and then travelled to her head. "I just---I can't believe..."

"This is the truth." Faith told her, patting her arm.

"You're a hundred percent sure, aren't you, Riley?" Alex asked.

Riley Sanders sat opposite to the couch where the ladies were sitting and took a good look at Jean. "I'm hundred and ten percent sure, Mr. Hamilton. Whatever I've shown you regarding Alan and Grace is true."

Riley was an young man of twenty-seven, just a year younger than Alex. His physique was well-built, he was tall, broad and incredibly muscular. He combed his honey-brown hair with fingers and pushed a set of photographs towards Jean. "See this, too. They were caught meeting yesterday and then she walked into his apartment. I have video proof, too." He winked, particularly proud of his work.

Jean sighed. "I knew she was upto something, just not this..."

"Accept it, Jean. She's a gold-digger and it was all her plan." Alex told her, furious.

Faith wound her arm around Jeans neck. "Jeanie, it's okay."

Jean rubbed off the remaining tears from her eyes and then shuddered. "I need to tell Richard, I need to-"

"Don't you dare!" Alex yelled, his face turning red. "Don't you dare do that! Let him face the consequences of his own damn actions!"

Jean got up, walking up to him. "I'm so sorry, Alex, but I have to. I love him, and...it's my responsibility to warn him, at least. I have to tell him!"

Alex wanted to shout back or retort but then Faith was beside him, patting him on his chest. "Baby, please let her go. She's right."

Alex relaxed his jaw, that anger retreating back into his inner self and his eyes were greener, much greener than before. "Jean, you know it's not necessary to tell him, if you don't want to. He insulted you so badly, and yet-"

"I want to tell him. Even if he doesn't believe me, ateast I won't regret not telling him."

He calmed down. "Okay, okay, do whatever you feel like." He shrugged, walking over to Riley for some more illumination on certain points.

Faith held her shoulder. "Don't lose hope Jeanie. I know Rich, he will surely believe you, this time. Take some proof with you."

Jean nodded, grabbing some papers and pictures and putting them in her handbag. Dipping her head at Alex, Faith and Riley, she walked out of the house and hailed a running cab to Enigmatic Homes. Throughout the way, her heart thudded wildly against her chest, making all kinds of weird noises that numbed her brain. As the cab screeched to a palpitating halt, her heart wrenched.

How would she make him understand? Would he believe her?

It was crazy afternoon. The sun was hot over her head, and for a moment, she could swear she felt dizzy as the sunlight basked her face. Wiping off drizzles of perspiration that had accumulated on her forehead and neck area, she entered inside, only to be feel a spine-chilling cold in the centralised air-conditioning.

Her heart rammed inside her chest in a  rhythm that was extremely odacious. She didn't know what was gonna ensue, she had full faith in herself. She could make him understand.

The elevator stopped, her destination had been reached. She walked out as the familiar surroundings soaked her completely. She strode towards Richard's cabin, hearing faint laughter from inside, he was in a good mood. She knocked on the door and the laughter stopped too abruptly. There was an unclear instruction of coming in, and she opened the door, entering straight-forwardly.