Chapter Fourteen

Richard paced back and forth in his room, his sense going absolutely haywire with the realisation that Jean was in the other room, and that room was only seperated by a door. His own thoughts went against his rules, and he hated them. He had no intention of getting close to Jean. She was his fake girlfriend, a plot to make Grace jealous, and nothing more!

He quickly changed into shorts and a cotton shirt for the sightseeing. He got downstairs, unable to stay up any longer. He decided to take a stroll in the hotel premises, and went to do just that. The fresh air calmed him. His mind shot up with wires and circuits electrified with firing questions and doubts, but everything seemed to melt away from his head, seeing Grace. She was standing in the garden, humming to herself, wearing a red, short dress.

Without any thought, he made his way toward her. "Hey."

Grace turned around. "Hey, hey, sir."

"This isn't office, Grace. You can call me by my name."

She smiled, "Okay, Richard."

His name rolling off of her tongue sounded so good. For months, he'd wanted nothing but to hear his name come out of her mouth. He'd wanted to hear her sweet tone making his name musical and rhythmic. "Where's Neil?"

She looked concerned. "He's not feeling so well. Jet lag. He has severe migraine, too."

Richard knew it was the right time to strike. He put his palm over hers in an assuring motion. "He'll be fine by tonight."

He'd expected her to remove his hand, instead, to his utter surprise, she let his hands stick onto hers, rubbing against each other. She took a deep breath, "Thanks, Rich."

Rich?

"Oops, sorry." She didn't sound sorry at all, and his chest swelled with excitement.

"It's cool. Rich is fine," he mumbled, feeling her squeezing his hand.

"Richie," Alex trod towards him in a decidedly regal stance. He looked at their hands, "what are you doing here?"

Grace jerked away from Richard and excused herself, noticing Alex's weird stare. Richard sighed, "What?"

"Why were you holding her hand?" Alex sounded ridiculously suspicious.

Richard took a deep, shuddering breath. He'd have to lie to his brother. "Nothing, it was by accident. I didn't realize-"

"Okay, okay. Don't even think about cheating on Jean. She's a great girl!" Alex whispered, and then glanced back to see Faith coming out of the elevator.

"In order to cheat, you need to have a relationship with the person, which, I don't have, by the way." Richard spoke distinctly clear until he noticed Jean coming out after Faith.

"Yeah, you like stupid girls with blonde hair!" Alex mused, sarcastically.

Richard stopped. "Faith has blonde hair."

"There's a difference between blonde and peachy blonde. My wife's a peachy blonde."

"Wow, there's such a great play of words." Richard slow-capped, gagging at his words.

Alex huffed and walked midway, propping up Faith in his arms in the middle of the corridor with a couple of people smirking at them. God, he had such an over-dramatic big brother, Richard whined. He saw Alex taking Faith outside, probably to the car. They had already made a plan to go to the Brighton Beach, just after landing.

"Won't you go?" Jean asked, coming towards him. She was still in her travel clothes.

"Ah, I don't know. Who else is going?"