Chapter Forty Seven

Jean got up to an empty bed, her mouth drying up. Gulping down a glass of water hurriedly, she found herself in her shirt. As far as she remembered, Richard had opened her shirt and just cuddled with her. Who had made her wear her shirt?Richard? But where was he now? The question arose in her mind as he looked around the whole room. Had he gone home?

Going to the bathroom to brush her teeth, she came out restless. Why didn't he go after telling her? She descended downstairs as her stomach churned in hunger. She could hear faint voices talking, and reaching down, the sight baffled her. Richard was sitting on the sofa, having a cup of tea, beside him was Faith and on the resting chair, Alex was sitting with a newspaper in his hand.

"Oh, good morning, Jean, my dear." Marie greeted, coming towards her with a tray. "Tea?"

The old woman's greeting made the others turn their heads towards her. Shame and embarrassment filled her as she noticed Faith giving her all kinds of teasing glances. Richard had come to meet her by climbing the pipe, and now in the morning, he had come downstairs as if he had magically appeared from the thin air. What the hell! She was so flushed, thinking what Alex and Faith might have been thinking.

Faith coughed. "Don't worry, Jean, we're not thinking anything! Rich didn't wanna disturb us, hence, he came by the window." She was trying not to laugh on her ass.

Jean stiffened in shame. "Oh, well-"

"Jean, why are you so embarrassed? It's okay to meet with your boyfriend or girlfriend, secretly. I understand and fully support it!" Alex winked, folding his newspaper gently and keeping it on the small table beside him, where his laptop was also kept.

"You understand? You didn't have a single girlfriend," Faith murmured, sipping her tea.

Richard gasped, giggling. Alex looked sharply at him. "Oh, Richie, please don't hesitate to enjoy at my expense."

"Jean, come on, sit down. Don't be embarrassed." Faith smiled at her.

Jean had been enjoying their conversation internally. She nodded, and sat beside Richard, on the empty spot and looked at him once, flushed. She sipped the tea, noticing Alex opening his laptop in an unwanted hurry. "Is anything wrong?"

Richard gave her hand a little squeeze. "Riley has sent Alex a footage of Grace's recent meet-up with Alan."

Jean shiddered. "Why aren't we informing the Police?"

"Because I wanna catch them red-handed, love. I want them to suffer." There was a stubbornness to his tone and she was afraid of it.

Alex chimed in. "Yes, we all want that. We're just gathering these video proofs as evidences so that they can't escape punishment. And also, we have Neil as a prime witness."

"What are they saying the video?" Jean asked, scared.

Alex switched off his Bluetooth earbuds and increased the volume. Grace wasn't visible, but through the camera lodged in the pen in her bag, there was a clear video footage of Alan, telling her to calm down over and over again.

"Our plan is working. They're completely trapped." Grace said.

Alan, one the other hand looked massively tensed. "I don't know, I think something's wrong. Jean hates me, but all of a sudden, she's ready to give me a chance? I don't buy it!"

"Oh, what do you think?"

"I don't know."

There was a sudden rumble in the live footage, and the video shut off with an electronic sound and buzz. Most probably, the camera had suffered a major blow due to some sort of disruption inside her bag.