Chapter Sixteen

Something was off about Jean, Richard had been noticing for days. It had been two days in Coney Island. Everyone was enjoying to the fullest. Hotel to Brighton Beach in the afternoons, chilling in the mornings by sightseeing and at night, returning to the hotel and joining Josh in a wicked game of cards. Troy and Emma were wonderful people, they had mixed with the rest in no time.

"Oh, not again, Josh!" Troy leered, slapping his forehead in agitation.

Josh, like a king amidst his subjects, smiled royally. "Accept it, Troy, you lost!"

Troy made a puppy face while Emma giggled profusely. "Oh, I'm sorry, honey."

Troy Wallace was an industrialist. He was currently running his father's business successfully, and planning to execute his own ideas. He was all total a very nice man, and his wife, Emma Hoang was a motivational speaker and author. She was just as good as him. Richard could tell everyone liked the couple very much, even his cynical, uptight big brother, Alex.

"So, Troy, how's business going? Planning on doing some collaborations?" Alex asked, dismissing the shuffled cards on the centre table.

Troy shifted in his seat and hummed, "Yes, of course. Business is flourishing, but I direly need a collaboration from a good company."

"Have you thought about Hamilton Inc.?"

Troy's face broke out in a grin, "Oh my god, really? Are you serious?"

"Of course, he is. I know my son. Thank God you have textile industries, Troy." Josh interrupted, lying down on the bed.

They were currently in Josh's room, ordering food and drinks in. After playing for an hour, they had started to chit-chat among themselves. Troy, Ben, Vivian, Neil, Alex and Richard were sitting on the floor, circling around the centre table, and Emma was canoodling her husband in a cosy way, while Faith, Grace and Jean were sitting on the couch, talking about various female things.

Well, Richard didn't bother to listen to that. No matter how hard he tried, he could never understand the inner workings of the female mind. The room hustled with voices, familiar laughs, giggles and talks. To him, everything seemed so wonderous, especially, Jean. She smiled, and out of a corner of his eyes, he noticed her talk so expressively with the women that he couldn't help but grin.

There was something about her, something thoroughly mystical that was attracting him to her, like a moth to a flame. The mention of flame rattled his heart into an uneven beat as he saw her hair flowing in completed redness, like liquid fire, conquering and consuming; she was so happy, and her eyes were lighter in colour, almost sky crystal blue and her pupils were dilated. Amidst the blondes, only she was the one that got highlighted in his vision; with her red hair and blue eyes. Everyone seemed to haze out from the picture.

His body shook, almost too suddenly. It was like a little, mindless shiver. "Shit,"

"What?" Alex asked, and everyone's attention came right to him.

"Ah, nothing. Keep talking."

Alex frowned and got back to Troy. "So, you own a textile business and I have a accessories brand, and the collaboration can be some fashion styles that are in trend. The consumers will then buy the clothes with the same or similar types of accessories."

Alex's business plan impressed everyone, but his wife was too pleasured. Faith screamed, "Love you, baby! You rock!"

Richard saw how his big brother's face turned crimson red. "Love you too, sweetheart." He mumbled, earning awestruck expressions from Jean and Grace.

With renewed confidence, Troy pulled Emma further in his arms. "Oh, thank you for such a brilliant strategy, Alex. Let's do it when we get back from the vacation."