Epilogue

Five months later

Alex and Faith were coming home today from the hospital. With their cute, little, new-born daughter. Hope Hamilton.

Jean was making herself busy in all the decorations. All of them had gone to see Hope in the hospital five days ago, but today, she was coming to her home for the first time and Jean couldn't wait to surprise the parents and their daughter. She looked around, hanging balloons from the walls. Richard was instructing Vivian and Ben who were helping with the huge, glitter signboard of 'Welcome home, Hope.'

Jean was going to be a godmother, oh, she couldn't wait. Having finished her task with the balloons, she swindled towards Richard, wrapping her arms around him in a side-hug. "Hey, are you okay?"

Richard, who had seemed a bit off from the start, nodded. "Hmm, the case is finally settled, Jean. Alan and Grace are in jail for long." There was happiness mixed with sorrow.

She patted his heart. "What are you sad for?"

"Nothing, I'm happy. I'm an uncle now." There was a squirming joy in his face.

She smiled. "I know you're stressed with all of these things lately, but Hope is coming home, and she's bringing a lot of hope. Don't be stressed."

He nodded, absentmindedly. "Today's very important. I have to be stressed." Saying that, he went back to his job of scrutinizing Ben and Viv's decorating skills.

She didn't quite understand his words,  but shrugging it off, she placed the cake neatly on the centre table with Marie's help, and decorated the whole area with colourful batches of red, blue, green, pink, yellow balloons.

There was a sound of a car screeching down. And her heart did somersaults with anticipation. The main door opened with a creak and everyone shouted in a pompous harmony. "Welcome home, Hope!"

Alex and Faith entered with a gasping shock as the little baby in Faith's arms quivered. And then, with realisation dawning upon them, he couldn't help but smile cheekily. Faith huffed. "My god, you guys, I love you."

Richard cane forward. "Thank god the hormonally unstable, cranky and pregnant Faith is gone!"

Upon his sigh of relief, Faith toppled the baby in Alex's hands who gave a shrill cry of disagreement and then marched towards Richard, lightly slapping his cheek. "Oh, I'm here, don't worry, Rich."

Once the baby was introduced with all of them, Jean cane forward. "Come on, cut the cake, both of you."

Alex cut the cake while Faith stood beside him, matching his gaze. "To new beginnings, sweetheart."

She chuckled. "To new, never-ending beginnings, honey."

The whole gathering only contained Richard, Ben, Vivian, Josh and Marie. Jean had only invited the absolute near and dear ones. It was a small occasion with only close family. Josh had already stated that Hope would be a powerful businesswoman, to which, Alex disagreed. "My daughter can be absolutely anything she wants!"

"Even a hooker?" Ben joked, laughing his ass off, and soon getting a glare from Alex, he stopped.

Jean felt happier, still. There was no amount of sorrow in the air, now. Faith was glowing in an after-pregnancy glow and Alex, his green eyes were still so very innocent and untainted, but he was no longer clean-shaven now. He has obtained a typical father look with a little stubble that made him look cuter than ever.

Hope was laid on the new pink cradle and Marie was already distributing the cake to everyone. In a time like this, Alex got up from the sofa and then looked at everyone. "I've decided something. It's important, hence, I wanted my family to know first. Only my darling wife knows it." He made a cute face at Faith who smiled back.