Chapter 1: A Rather Peculiar First Day

Skaii Walker was starting her first day at her new school. She was excited but nervous, the school was highly prestigious and very hard to get into. She wore the standard girls uniform, a white blouse with frills down the front and short puff sleeves with a black bow on each of them, a red dress with a diagonal gold pattern and a pleated skirt that sat just above the knee, white socks with a black bow on the sides. The shoes, makeup, and hairstyle were left down to the student so long as nothing was too extravagant. Skaii opted for her black lace-up ankle boots with a small heel and studs down the side. She tied her long black hair into a braid with a small white bow at the end. Her makeup was fairly simple: a small amount of foundation, light pink blush, a thin bar of black eyeliner and a coat of mascara to lengthen her lashes, mostly on the outer corners, and draw attention to her emerald green eyes. To top off the look, she opted for some red lip gloss.

There was a steady stream of students arriving, a lot of them in groups. Presumably, they were the school clubs of which, based on the school brochure, there were many. Skaii saw a stand in the middle of the courtyard with a sign that directed freshmen to come over for registration. The stand was being run by a group of seven students all wearing an armband showing they were the student council. The girl in the middle was the council president evidenced by her differently coloured council band and the fact she was checking off names on the register. She had green eyes and pale skin and wore her long ginger hair up in a ponytail. Sat on her brow was a simple but pretty tiara-like headband with swirling patterns and a fiery red gem in the middle. Skaii headed over to the stand, hoping they'd help her find where to go. The student council president looked up at Skaii as she came over. For a moment Skaii thought she saw the gem on her headband glow, but she shook her head and reasoned it was just a reflection of the light.

"Skaii Walker, first-year class Five C, is that correct?" Skaii was shocked and stunned at first before nodding her head,

"Th-that's me" The president checked Skaii's name off of the list and smiled.

"I'm Kira Jiana and I'm the Student Council President. I and the rest of the Student Council members are here to help. If you need any advice or need to make a complaint, come to the Council office, it's in the east wing of the school, second-floor, room six. As for your homeroom, you're in the south building, ground floor in room two" Skaii nodded again shyly.

"Thank you for helping me" she smiled and headed up to her homeroom. On the way, she saw a group of students walking together into her building. There were six of them, leading the group was a boy with dark hair and Heterochromia, his left eye was blue and his right purple. He was wearing a long black trench coat over his uniform, the coat had red shoulders, trim, wrists and lining and a red wolf's head design on the back. Walking close by him was a girl with black hair tied up in pigtails, the lower half of her hair was dyed the same shade of bright red as the boy's jacket. Her eyes were purple and she wore red round-rimmed glasses, she was wearing the standard girls uniform with the same red coloured dress as Skaii's. Behind them skipping hand-in-hand were twin girls, they seemed a little young to be attending the school but were wearing the girls uniform albeit with the blouse dyed a light pink. Their dresses were also a shade of pink but it wasn't clear whether that's the original colour or if they'd changed it. A heart was also stitched onto the chest and a bushy tail was sewn onto the back of the skirt. They were identical twins, both had pretty blue eyes and dark skin. They clearly relished in looking identical since they both had the same modifications to their uniform and the same length black hair with blue-dyed tips worn loose as well as the same headband with fluffy black wolf ears on them. Bringing up the rear of the group was a short girl not much taller than the twins. She had rough, shoulder-length dark red hair, pale porcelain skin and eerie looking red eyes. Unlike the others she wasn't wearing the girls uniform, she wore an unusual outfit: a dark red long-sleeved, button-down shirt with vertical linings, a black ribbon on the collar, a black shoulder cape and a matching button-down corset with a long split shirttail reaching her calves and a dark red skirt with gold accents. For shoes, she was wearing dark red thigh-high socks with gold trim and black lace-up boots. The last was someone Skaii actually recognised and was surprised, almost shocked even, to see. She was one of Skaii's closest childhood friends, her name was Melody. As kids, they had been like sisters but Melody had had to move away before they had gone to middle school. She had cream skin, freckles, golden blonde hair, light blue eyes and wore the girls uniform with a dark blue dress. Skaii was about to run over but the bell rang and signified a five-minute warning before lessons began. Skaii headed inside and timidly entered the classroom, taking the seat next to the window at the back. The teacher came in a few minutes later just before the school day was due to begin. She waited for everyone to be settled in before silencing the chatter.