Chapter 4: What Devils do

Once they returned the Twins quickly went back into the corner doing whatever it is they usually do and Alyssa went and sat on the sofa. Misty turned to Skaii.

"So, how are you feeling after that? I know it's intense to see a stray for the first time. And you've only just been introduced to our world" Misty said anxiously.

"You did better than me the first time I saw one... I threw up afterwards" Melody said.

"It was pretty scary, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, plus I'll be focused on helping everyone," Skaii said.

"We've needed a good supporter for some time. I'm glad Jacy chose a Bishop to reincarnate you" Misty said. Skaii smiled timidly, her thoughts turned to Jacy and where he went.

"Where did Jacy go anyway?" Skaii asked, curious.

"Mmm? Oh, he went to the Underworld. When we killed those strays he retrieved their Evil Pieces, he's just gone to return them to their King" Misty explained.

"Ah, I see," Skaii said in understanding.

"It shouldn't take long, but he had to go straight away, the Devil who they belonged to has a reputation to keep and he'll want to replace his lost pieces as quickly as possible" Melody explained further. Misty nodded in agreement. Suddenly there was a loud sharp hissing. Everyone jumped in surprise and turned to the source. Alyssa was crouched over on the sofa, her eyes were narrowed into cat-like slits and she was breathing raggedly.

"Alyssa... when did you last... drink?" Misty asked hesitantly.

"Las-Last week," Alyssa replied, hissing slightly.

"We best hope you get the right kind of Pact tonight," Misty said. Alyssa took a deep breath and tried to compose herself, she sat down with her hands on her lap and eyes closed.

"I... I'm ok... Just... just let me focus" Alyssa said in a calm, monotone voice. Melody nodded and turned to Skaii.

"Don't worry she's been like this before, just... leave her be for a bit"

"What's wrong with her?" Skaii asked, concerned.

"She's..." Melody began looking as though she wasn't sure how to explain,

"She'll tell you eventually, once she's comfortable with you" Misty explained matter-of-factly. The Twins looked over from their corner at Skaii, they started biting at the air then one of them pinned the other down and pretended to bite their neck. They started giggling and turned back to the corner continuing whatever diabolical scheme they were planning over there.

"She's a Vampire?" Skaii asked, Misty, shot a look over at the Twins knowing they probably had something to do with it.

"Yes," Misty sighed, "She can control herself but if she goes a while between feeds it starts to become... intense. Just don't cut yourself, it'll be fine"

"She usually feeds from Pacts, it helps stop her going after anyone at the school," Melody explained.

"Yeah, hopefully, I get a few Pacts tonight though... I'm going to need more than one feed" Alyssa said, still calm with her eyes closed.

"It's that bad?" Melody asked, Alyssa, nodded slowly in response. Misty turned to Skaii, feeling the need to reassure her.

"She only takes small amounts from people, she doesn't kill humans" She explained. "It'd reflect badly on us," Skaii nodded once in understanding but didn't know what to say. A crest appeared in the room, Misty looked towards it.

"Ah Jacy's back," she said as Jacy appeared from the circle carrying a paper bag with him.

"How's everyone doing here?" He asked,