Chapter 15: Just an Average Evening

Once Skaii was done freshening up, she changed into a new outfit she bought, a black frilly skirt that sat just above the knee with a pink off the shoulder spaghetti strap top. The sleeves had 3 small peach coloured bows on them. It had lace detailing around the low square shaped cut and buttons down the front, The hem also has lace detailing. She paired it with some knee high black socks and tied her hair into pigtails before teleporting back to Jacy. He had gotten dressed as well, wearing fresh jeans and a T-shirt, as well as his black trench coat.

"Let's head down then. Melody might even be back by now" He said.

"Maybe, I hope she's had a really good date," Skaii replied cheerfully.

"I'm sure she has... she's had a crush on Remus since she met him" Jacy said,

"Like me with you..." She admitted dotingly Jacy grinned but Skaii continued before he could tease. "I just wish she'd had the courage to do this herself"

"I'm sure she will now," Jacy said and headed out of the door with Skaii following happily.

Downstairs in the living room, the Twins were sitting at the bottom of a set of shelves looking up at Alyssa who was sitting at the top of the shelves glaring down at them. Skaii saw the situation and tried to think of a way to distract the Twins.

"Who's hungry?" She said at the thought of her own stomach growling, having not eaten since breakfast. But the Twins seemed especially ignorant today and stayed rooted to the spot staring up at Alyssa. Just then Misty came in and upon realising what was going on she groaned,

"Oh for... girls do you have to pick on Alyssa all the time?" She asked in exasperation, The Twins giggled,

"She's pretty" Belle said,

"But she never plays with us" Glace added, Alyssa hissed in response,

"You pull on my tails..." She growled, "I hate being touched as it is, you little shits"

"Why don't we play together instead?" Skaii suggested trying to coax them away, worried Alyssa might actually attack them if they kept it up. Jacy clapped his hands.

"Right girls come on leave Alyssa alone now" The Twins flinched slightly but pretended not to hear him, in a firmer more stern voice he added, "Girls" the Twins knew they were at the limit now and gave in,

"Awww..." They complained and reluctantly got up and walked away from the shelves.

"Come on, you can help me make cupcakes," Skaii said, quickly corralling them into the kitchen, to keep them away from Alyssa. Once she'd taken the Twins away, Jacy went to stand at the bottom of the shelf and held his arms out.

"Come on," he said to Alyssa who was still glaring at the Twins. She didn't move for a moment, waiting until the Twins were completely out of sight before jumping down into Jacy's arms. He caught her and set her down, she walked across the room and sat down on the sofa flicking her tails in a silent thanks as she passed Jacy. In the kitchen, Skaii set out everything they needed and got the baking tray, giving the Twins the bun cases.

"Would you line the tin for me? If you're good I'll let you lick the bowl too," she said smiling, trying to keep their interest. For a while the Twins behaved themselves, making the cupcakes. They were very in sync with each other passing things without looking and knowing what was being done by the other even if they weren't looking at the bowl. Skaii mixed everything together, letting the Twins help put the mixture into the cases. Misty casually walked in while they were mixing and removed the flour from the table.

"First rule you need to learn if you're cooking with these two... never leave something out if it's not needed any more," she said, putting the flour away. "Especially flour... that's one of their favourite traps" The Twins started sniggering almost silently.