Chapter 10: Welcome to the Underworld

"It's okay, I've got you... I'm so sorry... I put you in danger" Skaii clung to him tightly and sobbed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know what else to do... all I could think about was saving Melody and trying to buy more time for you..."

"You did good, we had no idea where you were until we found Melody naked in an alley," Jacy said softly.

"Is she okay? They had intense holy light, she was exposed to it for a lot longer than me..." Skaii explained, worried.

"It's taken quite a heavy toll on her but she'll be fine, Misty took her to the Underworld after she told us where to find you, they'll fix her right up... what about you?" Jacy asked. Skaii clung even more tightly, not letting go.

"I-I just want to go home..." She sniffled. Jacy picked her up, the cover inadvertently falling away from her. Skaii blushed bright pink, Jacy lifted her chin. Skaii blushed more, shyly looking into his eyes. Jacy smiled.

"You know... I don't hate this," He said flirtily. Skaii was still blushing.

"Which part? You rescuing me? or me with no uniform?" She asked jokingly.

"You're wearing less than that" He winked. Skaii blushed again and tucked her face into his chest to hide it.

"I hate how you got like this though... but I want to know.... What did they do?" He asked, bracing himself.

"Viktor caught me as soon as I got there, I tried to help a girl, she was scared. I was about to teleport her out when he caught me. When I woke up, I was chained up in the air with no clothes and that intense holy light. Melody was in the same state but she'd been trapped longer, she looked exhausted... I was so worried, I tried to buy us more time and made a deal to break the curse on them so that they could touch me... but... I made them release Melody first. They brought me here and..." She got teary and shaky again. "did things... they were gonna go all the way... they were going to kill me afterwards... I kept distracting them, kept talking to buy more time. You got here before they could..." She trailed off and to stop thinking about it she thought about what she'd managed to learn. "Their leader... his name is Simon... he sent them to hunt and kill Devils" She explained.

"You got a name?" Jacy asked, shocked, held her close and stroked her hair.

"Good girl. You did well" He praised her softly. Skaii smiled and rested her head on his shoulder, exhausted.

"I'm glad I got there before it went that far though," He said and laid her down on a bed at which point she noticed they're somewhere else. She looked around, a little confused and disoriented.

"H-huh?" She asked timidly. Jacy had quietly teleported them while they were talking. They were now in a bedroom. It was well lit and the walls were red, two doors were on the wall to Skaii's left one was ajar and led to a bathroom. Jacy had laid her down on his four-poster bed, it had black curtains and dark red bedding with a gold relief of the house crest above the headboard.

"It's ok, we're safe here. That light is more toxic to us than the other weapons you've already seen. The best way to restore your strength is to come here, Welcome to the Underworld" He explained and smiled. "Just being here will make you feel better" Skaii nodded slowly, still emotionally exhausted.

"Melody's here too, is she okay?" Skaii asked worriedly. Jacy sat down next to her.

"She's fine, exhausted, but she'll recover," He said, he put his arm around her and pulled her closer. "I won't let that happen to you again" He promised her. Skaii clung to him tightly and rested her head on his chest. Jacy stayed with her for a while until she calmed down. Skaii shivered,