Chapter 3: Stray Hunting

Classes were getting more exciting, now that all the initial lessons were done with. Skaii also started to notice changes in herself. As she attuned to being a Devil, Skaii noticed her senses and reflexes getting stronger, a pencil rolled off her table and she reacted extremely quickly to catch it. She also noticed Melody keeping a subtle eye on her most of the day during the lessons. Skaii was settling in well and getting good grades in her lessons, enjoying her time with Melody.

At the end of the day, Melody was waiting for Skaii outside her Homeroom. Melody smiled and ran up to hug Skaii when she came out.

"Ready to go?" Melody asked. Skaii hugged her back.

"Let's go," She said and smiled. She followed Melody back upstairs to the clubroom where Jacy, Misty and the Twins were waiting. Skaii waited to hear what they wanted her to do. The Twins spotted her first and ran over to her giddily.

"Hi, Skaii," Belle said.

"Welcome back," Glace continued.

"Thank you, nice to see you both again," Skaii said and smiled.

"Doubt you'll think that for too long" Misty responded and giggled. The Twins pulled a pouty face.

"Uh oh, Misty, I think you just earned a flour bomb," Melody smirked. The Twins started grinning and laughing before running into the corner. Skaii smiled a little at the mischievous Twins. Jacy came over to her and smiled.

"Good to see you again, how are you feeling?" He asked. Skaii smiled shyly, blushing again.

"Nice to see you too, I'm okay, I feel... stronger" She replied.

"Good, that's a good thing, it shows you're adapting well," Jacy replied. Skaii smiled coyly.

"Now we just need Alyssa to show up and we can get going," He said.

"Wait... get going? There's another?" Melody asked in surprise.

"Maybe two we think," Misty said.

"What's happening?" Skaii asked curiously.

"A stray Devil." Melody told her "That'll be dangerous for Skaii... she hasn't even been told about her Evil Piece or how to use her Devil powers," Melody said, concerned.

"I know, don't worry, I'll keep her safe and explain how we fight, I'm sure the five of you can handle a stray or two," Jacy said reassuringly.

"Evil piece?" Skaii echoed anxiously. Just then, Alyssa walked into the room.

"I wouldn't worry about it... the closest thing to evil in this club is those two" Alyssa said and nodded to the Twins. Melody smirked and Skaii giggled in response, a small wave of relief washing over her.

"Right then, now that Alyssa is here," Jacy said and a large glowing circle appeared in the middle of the room, bearing the same symbol as the flyers. "We can go," Everyone moved to stand on the circle. Melody looked at Skaii and explained,

"You probably figured this out already, but this is how we travel, it's perfectly safe, pretty cool too," She said. Skaii timidly stepped into the circle, standing next to Melody and Jacy.

"You might feel a little dizzy for a moment when we come through but it'll pass quickly so don't worry too much" Jacy explained, giving her a heads up. After a moment the circle started rising and they disappeared into it.

When the circle rose past their heads they were in a completely different place, standing outside an old abandoned apartment building. Skaii felt disoriented for a few seconds before being able to focus, staying close to Jacy as recommended.