Chapter 24: A Hell of a Time

The Amusement Park was massive, easily several times the size of any in the human world. Skaii felt they could spend a whole day and night here and barely scratch the surface. There were roller coasters, games, restaurants and other smaller attractions. Beams of light stretched into the sky and fire burned around the entrance gates.

"Wow!" Skaii said in awe. The Twins bounced up and down excitedly, wanting to run off and play. They both ran over to Jacy and each held out an arm. Jacy clipped a silver bracelet with a red gem onto each of them.

"Trackers?" Skaii assumed,

"Basically," Jacy said, "I've learned when you're bringing these two out somewhere fun, expecting them to stay close is pointless, so these just let me keep track of where they are. As well as teleport them back to me if they refuse to come willingly," he smirked.

"That's likely" Skaii giggled a little.

"Go on then girls, have fun" Jacy said and the Twins ran off ahead into the park. "Okay then, everyone enjoy yourselves and stay as long as you like"

"I'd rather not go around on my own..." Kamalia said, "a-and I know that most of you will be pairing up together..."

"Yeah... Alyssa... would you do me the favour of looking after Kamalia" Jacy asked, as expected Alyssa scowled and grumbled but her loyalty to Jacy overruled her poor attitude towards Kamalia.

"Grmmm... Fine... I'll watch the dog" She said begrudgingly.

"So what d'you wanna do first?" Jacy asked Skaii, "Well... I guess I should ask what kind of things you wanna do first, since you don't really know what's here."

"I don't mind, I just want to spend time with you" Skaii smiled lovingly, "I'll trust your judgement"

"Well... let's start at the games, I think you'll find Devil carnival games quite fun"

"Sounds good," Skaii smiled and took Jacy's hand. He led the way into the park, catching up to the Twins, who were sitting in front of the ticket booth by the entrance, having been stopped by the gate staff.

"Didn't get far then" Jacy smirked, he clearly knew it would happen.

"No..." Belle said sulkily.

"They won't let us in," Glace pouted,

"And they can see through our magic" Belle finished, Jacy smiled and stepped up to the gate staff. "Eight all access tickets please" He said.

"Hmm, that's an expensive day..." The gate staff said. Jacy summoned a small bag that glowed softly.

"This should cover it," he said and handed it over, before taking the tickets and handing them out. The Twins ran off again as soon as they were let in, while everyone else split up and went to enjoy the day.

Jacy took Skaii's hand and led her to the games, many of which look like they had impossible goals like hitting a target that was surrounded on all sides except the back, or landing a ball on a sloped platform. Skaii wasn't sure where to start.

"Wow!" She said, awed once again by the scene. "B-but they look kinda hard to win"

"Oh impossible," Jacy said, "unless of course you have reality bending magic powers... oh wait, we do!" He chuckled, "hence why Devil Games are more fun" Skaii smiled and Jacy looked around at the nearby games. "Let's try this one first," he took her to a small booth with a long tunnel in it, it went further back than the booth actually was and had a stack of cans at the end. There were a multitude of obstacles in the way and no direct line to the cans.

"So what do we do?" She asked excitedly,

"To win, you need only accomplish the simple task of knocking all of the cans down, you have five throws to do so" the tall black haired attendant said, "there's also a secret target hiding behind one of the obstacles that will net you a greater prize if you can hit it" Skaii nodded and started up the game, doing her best to hit the cans. She managed to knock down all but one of them by using her magic to manipulate the ball around the obstacles. She noticed the longer she used her magic, the harder it became.