Chapter 26: Shopping Again

Alyssa came downstairs, still grumpy over her night time visit. She sat down at the table where Skaii and Jacy were eating breakfast, her tails twitching angrily.

"The Dog broke into my room last night," she complained. Skaii looked up, a little surprised. "Yeah... I woke up this morning and she was in my bed"

"She must have had a good reason," Skaii said, slightly shocked.

"Reason yes..." Alyssa grumbled, "whether it's good is debatable... bad dream"

"I'd want someone for company if I had a dream that bad" Skaii said reasonably,

"She still snuck into my room... and just settled in my bed," Alyssa said, a repulsed look on her face. Skaii giggled a little.

"I can think of worse things, at least it wasn't the Twins or even worse... Korman for example" Skaii suggested.

"Pfftt... he's still partly involved in it," Alyssa said,

"What do you mean?" Skaii tilted her head curiously.

"He's what her nightmare was about" Alyssa explained.

"Now that is a really scary nightmare," Skaii said,

"Mmm... that's why I didn't keep yelling at her" Alyssa said,

"Maybe just let her settle again for now, something must be upsetting her to bring that douche up" Skaii said,

"Fine... I want a lock for my door though," Alyssa huffed, "if she has to disturb me again I want to know she's there rather than wake up to a Dog in my bed"

"Well, I'll get that for you, but promise you'll answer her if she does come," Jacy said, Alyssa grumbled in response, Skaii giggled a little.

"Come on, she's not that bad, she's actually really nice," she said.

"Grmm... sure whatever" Alyssa sulked,

"Or maybe you'd prefer to keep the Twins company?" Skaii suggested, Alyssa hissed aggressively, Skaii giggled. "Hey, take what you can get," Skaii said in her usual optimistic tone. Alyssa didn't respond, but she didn't carry on complaining either.

"The party is next week so we should all head out and get new outfits for it" Jacy said and Alyssa groaned loudly and dropped her head on the table.

"At least you have a dress that you like," Skaii said as Misty came in stretching, her hair a mess.

"Two second, loud, drawn out groan, head on the table..." Misty said, analysing Alyssa's current state, "who suggested shopping?" Jacy and Skaii start laughing.

"Morning," Jacy said.

"Morning... sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep on the sofa." Misty replied.

"It's fine, we all went straight to bed when we got back anyway" Jacy said.

"Did you sleep well?" Skaii asked, Misty nodded.

"Yeah, the dive took hours, but I got what I needed. For quite a few experiments actually"

"That's good," Skaii smiled.

"Well if we're going out I should go get dressed" Misty said and headed out of the room. Alyssa went into the living room and climbed up to the top of the bookshelf to sulk. She expected the Twins to come down any minute and wasn't in the mood to deal with them. A short while later, Remus and Melody came down, they both had messy hair but it didn't look like bed hair. Skaii and Jacy were sitting waiting for everyone to be ready for the shopping trip.

"You two should get tidied up, we're going out shopping to get outfits for the party" Jacy said,

"Well at least this time Skaii can't embarrass me" Melody said looking at Remus, Skaii did an impression of a villain's evil laugh,