Chapter 13: Little Devil's Shopping Trip

The next morning Skaii woke up slowly and looked around confused, unsure of where she was and how she got there. Jacy shifted next to her and she blushed, realising that she must be in his room, but she still didn't understand how she got there. Jacy stirred again and started waking up. Skaii panicked a little, hiding herself under the covers but Jacy pulled them back again.

"I know you're here y' know. You teleported in your sleep." He said, gently stroking her hair. She blushed bright red.

"S-sorry," She said, got up and headed for the door, embarrassed but Jacy went after her,

"Hey," he grabbed her and hugged her. "Why're you apologizing? Quite frankly I thought it was adorable" Skaii blushed more and shyly hugged back.

"I-I don't know what happened, I was sleeping and then I woke up here..." She said

"You're still a newborn remember, asleep your mind will wander more so if you thought about coming to see me in your sleep you probably subconsciously triggered the crest to send you here." Skaii blushed again remembering that she was dreaming about Jacy, and it must have happened then. He patted her head. "I didn't mind, and I was still awake so you didn't disturb me" He gave her a quick kiss which she timidly returned still blushing. "Anyway, you've got a shopping trip to get ready for. It's about nine am in the human world, if you wanna get some shopping done with Melody before your evil plan kicks in then you best go get ready" Jacy said, Skaii nodded.

"Okay, but let's have breakfast together before I go, I mean, I'll be gone all day so I'd like to spend a bit longer with you" She said shyly.

"Okay, I'm up for that," He replied happily. Skaii smiled and headed down with him to get breakfast.

Jacy helped make breakfast before taking it into the living room where they found that Misty had fallen asleep on the sofa. Skaii smirked slightly at the sight and ate breakfast with Jacy.

"So what are you gonna do today?" Skaii asked as she tucked into her food.

"Try to stop the Twins destroying my house..." Jacy smirked, making Skaii giggle.

"Just give them lots to do and they shouldn't bother you too much" She said calmly.

"I know, I might be pouting over it but I'm not completely serious. They do listen to me if I tell them not to do something, to do something is a different matter though." He said smiling subtly. Skaii giggled again softly.

"You'll at least have a fun slash interesting day" she said.

"Hmm... I guess if they got really annoying I could send them off to play a few tricks on Korman" He said half joking. Skaii started laughing then stopped as a thought occurred to her.

"Do you think he'll try again?" She asked

"Probably... Who am I kidding, almost certainly, but as I said, I'll never give you to him" he reassured her, Skaii blushed and smiled bashfully.

"What about Simon? Any news on him?" She asked curiously.

"Well, the investigators found the church you were being held in and destroyed the holy light there, but Simon was long gone. He'll likely have left town seeing more experienced Devils hunting him. He may come back but we'll all be better prepared by then." He said.

"I'll work hard and get more pacts," Skaii promised.

"I'd like you to concentrate more on training your powers for the next few days, like I said before, I want to get you all training here. Simon showing up made me realise we all need to get stronger" he said. Skaii nodded,