Chapter 5: Devil's Voice

The next morning at breakfast Skaii's parents started asking her questions about the Mythology Club because she was later than planned getting home. Strangely, despite her answers being a little vague and nervous, since she could hardly tell them the truth, they happily let the matter be, which was odd because they seemed rather suspicious at the start of their questioning. Skaii finished breakfast and headed off to school, Melody caught up with her halfway there.

"HEY, SKAII!" She called waving from across the road before running over to her. "You okay? How'd your talk with Jacy go?"

"Hey! I'm fine, the talk went well. He explained everything to me, we're gonna train up my magic and he thinks I might have a Sacred Gear" Skaii said, keeping her up to date.

"Ooooh jealous, I don't have one" Melody giggled. "If you do and it's anywhere as strong as any of the others we're gonna have so much fun with it," She said enthusiastically.

"I'm just happy if I can be of use, I want to help," Skaii said and smiled.

"I'm sure you will even without a Sacred Gear. What sort of Magic do you think you'll develop? You're a Bishop so you have a lot more to play with" Melody asked, curious.

"I'm not sure... I know that I want to work on a healing spell and a buff spell but I'm not sure what attributes I'll go for" Skaii said. Melody smiled, they soon reached the school gates. Jacy and Misty were outside waiting with the Twins, Alyssa was missing although based on the weather forecast, it was going to be very sunny so Skaii figured that was the reason for her absence. "Morning," Jacy said and waved them over in greeting.

"Good morning," Skaii greeted.

"Hello," Misty said with a curt smile.

"Hi, Skaii," Belle said.

"Hi, Melody," Glace said.

"Hi, girls," Melody said, keeping an eye on them.

"Alyssa won't be here through the day, but she's gonna head down for the club meeting tonight," Jacy said. Skaii nodded. "Oh and also, Skaii... those jocks are back at school today, just keep an eye out," Jacy said seriously. Skaii shuddered, not really wanting to go inside.

"T-they might try to hurt me again..." Skaii said anxiously. Jacy placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I cursed them, remember, they can't touch you. Also, you're a Devil now, not the cute innocent girl they thought they could take advantage of" He said. Skaii blushed pink at the word 'cute' and nodded, taking a deep breath.

"Okay," she said

"If something does happen all you need to do is think of our house crest," He said and opened his hand, a small version of the symbol from the flyers appeared in his palm. "Imagine it as a shield and it'll protect you," He said. Skaii nodded and smiled, feeling better.

"Don't worry," Belle said reassuringly.

"We'll booby trap their lockers," Glace finished, a mischievous look in her eyes.

"That's not a good idea," Misty said with a sharp look but the Twins weren't listening anymore, just listing traps.

"Glitter bombs, flour bombs," Belle said.

"Ooh ooh, snare trap, pull them in" Glace added.

"Trap them in their own locker" Belle finished. They both giggled with an evil smile plastered across their faces. Skaii giggled a little, happy that everyone was looking out for her.

"As I said before, I look after my house," Jacy said, smiling at her.

"We should get going, lessons start soon," Melody said and started heading inside, waiting for Skaii to catch up at the gate. Skaii followed Melody to their lesson, trotting after her.