Chapter 18: the Second Rook

About two hours after they returned from their battle with Simon, Skaii was woken by Jacy calling everyone together. Alyssa seemed better now, her skin had returned to its usual state, likely as a result of the four empty, slightly red-stained bottles sitting on the kitchen counter. Melody hadn't moved from the sofa, the Twins were sitting together holding hands and Misty was standing with Jacy, who waited for everyone to be together before speaking.

"Well done, all of you" He said, "you all did so well and I'm very impressed. Simon was so much more than we thought, a Leader Class Fallen Angel and a powerful one, but you all handled yourselves beautifully" Skaii blushed a little at the praise,

"Remus helped..." Melody said a little bitterly, Jacy sighed and sat next to her,

"I know..." He said, "but you know I had to deal with it, Humans need to stay ignorant to our world"

"I know I just..." Melody said,

"He'll be okay, he still enjoyed your date, you could go see him" Skaii said, Jacy nodded.

"I didn't erase you..." He said, "and actually, I have something that might make you feel better" Melody looked up curiously.

"You can come in now," Jacy said a little louder and Remus walked into the room. Melody's eyes widened and she jumped up and ran over to Remus, hugging him tightly.

"Wh-what're you doing here?" She asked in disbelief, Remus smiled.

"I came for my girlfriend," he said with a smile, "also..." a pair of Devil wings unfurled from his lower back Skaii smiled happily.

"So you're one of us now" she said

"We all saw Remus's Sacred Gear, and how he handled it" Jacy said, "so I explained everything to him, what we are, what his sword is and how Melody came to be with us. Then I gave him the choice of me wiping his memory of tonight and letting him carry on as he was or joining us"

"And obviously I chose to stay," Remus said and smiled, still holding Melody.

"What piece did you make him?" Skaii asked curiously.

"I thought I'd give him and Melody a little more in common," Jacy replied, "Remus is our second Rook," Skaii smiled.

"Seems like a good match-up," she said.

"So, I take it you won't mind helping Remus settle in Melody?" Jacy asked,

"Ah... n-no not at all" Melody replied, blushing. Skaii smiled happily, her shoulder was still a little sore but was nearly healed fully.

"Alright, so we'll take the rest of tonight off since I'm sure you're all a little worn out after today" Jacy said and everyone nodded in agreement and broke apart. Skaii immediately teleported upstairs and collapsed on the bed, still weak and worn out. Jacy came into the room a few minutes later and smirked at her.

"You know you don't have to teleport everywhere" Skaii smiled mischievously.

"No, it's just more fun that way," she said and playfully stuck her tongue out. Jacy stretched and got changed into pyjamas before getting into bed with Skaii.

"Your shoulder okay?" He gently stroked it as he asked. She winced a little

"I've healed it as much as I can with magic but it's still pretty painful..." Jacy nodded.

"Like I said before, light is toxic to us, you should be alright in the morning. If not I'm sure I can take your mind off it," he winked, Skaii blushed coyly.

"Did I do good Master?" She asked playfully, Jacy kissed her.

"You did very good my Little Devil," he said.