Chapter 35: Devil's Heart

The next morning after their passionate first night as Husband and Wife consummating their marriage, Jacy and Skaii returned to the Underworld and Jacy spent a lot of the next two days making the final preparations for their Devil's Union. Skaii was excited, she had a second dress that Misty helped her choose for the union. Misty spent a lot of time with Skaii preparing her but not telling her much about the ceremony itself, she explained that she'd be walking her to the ceremony much like her Father had walked her to the altar at her and Jacy's wedding. Had it not been Jacy she was Uniting with, as her King and Master, it would have been him walking her. After going over everything with Misty, Skaii was ready for the ceremony.

On the morning of the Union Misty came to get Skaii and took her to her room where the dress was set up on a mannequin ready for her.

"So you'll get to see a couple more things now, although it probably won't clue you in much" Misty giggled. Skaii blushed, changing into her dress. This one was more formal looking, it was a two piece princess style dress, the top had a sweetheart neckline with short puffy sleeves, the bodice sat in a V-shape and had a lace-up back with a bow tied at the bottom. It had golden embroidery around the edges of the bodice and at the bottom of the sleeves. The skirt was long and flowy but not quite as poofy as her other dress. It had a long train with gold roses on the back. Her shoes were white with a gold heel and had gold embroidery on them. Her veil stopped at her forearms and had gold sparkles on it. Her hair was styled into a curly mermaid braid and was decorated with red roses for hair jewelry. Her makeup was elegant and flawless looking, with black eyeliner, mascara and red lipstick, with her cheeks tinted pink. Her bouquet was made up of white lilies and red roses, held together with a gold bow. Misty took Skaii's hand and teleported them. They were in what looked to be a crystal cave.

"You look gorgeous" Misty smiled and led her out of the cave and out onto a large plateau, Jacy was standing by a technicolour crystal embedded in the ground, glowing softly. He was standing with his wings spread out. Wearing a long black coat with the house crest on the left side of the chest and on the back. It also had leather shoulder pads and cuffs trimmed and studded with gold. Next to Jacy was another devil also with his wings out, except he had ten, the mark of a leader class.

"He's the Union Keeper, it's a role passed down through families, only they know how the Binder Crystal works" Misty whispered to Skaii as they walked towards them.

"Wow..." Skaii whispered, shy and excited to be taking her vows for the first time in the Devil community.

"Once you're beside the crystal bring your wings out, you should be in full form for this" Misty smiled, Skaii nodded

"Got it" she said quietly, when they got up to the crystal Skaii spread her wings and the rest of the house teleported in standing around them in a circle.

"Today marks a Union of Devil Souls," the Keeper said formally "Please, name yourselves,"

"Jacy Woolsey, King of house Woolsey"

"Skaii Woolsey, Bishop of house Woolsey"

"And who gives permission for the union?" the Keeper asked,

"Mystique Rosalia Woolsey, Queen of house Woolsey" Once she'd spoken her name she stepped back, taking her place in the circle. The Keeper raised a hand over the crystal and a column of light appeared between Jacy and Skaii. Skaii watched, captivated by the beauty of the twinkling pillar of light.

"Jacy, place your hand in the light" the Keeper instructed. Jacy reached out into the light and a crimson flame appeared in the palm of his hand.

"Repeat" the Keeper said "I Jacy, willingly release this part of my soul, to be eternally bound with that of Skaii's,"