Fatherly Fail Part 2

"Don't worry, I'll leave soon.."

She said as she remained where she was.

"Where will you go?" Anthony asked.

The girl yawned and said

"Somewhere.. but here."

Anthony felt guilty, and he can obviously sense Ian was too.

"Well, Anthony, since that's settled, I guess you'd like to move on to our activities." Ian gave him a smug smile.

And that made Anthony want to punch his face. Badly.

"Can I ask you somethings first?" Anthony knelt in front of her

"Sure, but be fast, I heard you were going somewhere."

Ian sat on a chair and watch Anthony interview the girl, feeling twice as guilty than a second ago.

"First off, what's your name?"

"Danielle.."

"Where are you from?"

"..some where in Asia."

That explains why she looked a bit different for Ian.

"So you came from Asia, to here? How?"

"My mom wanted to take a long vacation outside my country, so she took her savings and brought me, my brother."

"Where are they now?"

"My mom's dead. A bunch of men beat her up and threw her body-"

"You don't have to keep talking about that." Anthony cuts her off before Danielle could break down in tears just by telling him what happened to her mom.

But you can tell by now, Anthony is getting convinced that this wasn't a prank Ian planned.

"Can you tell me where your brother is instead?"

"He escaped with me from those gunmen that took us. We ran through the woods, and through a river. We soon ended up in a highway. But then, another group of guys were catching up behind us. My brother told me to cross the highway, keep running and never look back."

"Your brother distracted them huh?" Ian scoots in. After Danielle nodded, Anthony continued.

"He didn't tell you anything before he let you run off?"

" 'Whatever you do, don't call the cops, don't go to the hospital, run as fast as you can, never look back, and don't worry about me. I'll find you, I promise' " She recited as if she memorized it for a school play. Although, her voice was shaky.

Anthony's and Ian's face were expressionless, they seriously can not believe what shit they gotten themselves into.

Well, Ian did.

"That's all he said?" Anthony said softly.

"Yeah." The girl inhales deeply trying not to let tears gush out of her eyes.

Ian was tearing down already.

"I'm sorry. ." Anthony said.

Whatelse was there to say? 'Congratulations! Your mom died and your brother could be dead'? All Ian and Anthony hopes for is her brother to be still alive and figure out what to do with her.

"Danielle, you know what?" Ian walked up to her, sucked in his tears, and smiled.

"You can stay here with me."

"WHAT?" Anthony remarked

Danielle didn't cheer up or took it like wonderful news like he expected to, but instead repeated after Anthony, "What?"